Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just celebrating being on 914-World 20-years Wow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
w00t.gif

I just noticed my 20-year 914-Word Anniversary when I signed up Feb 24th 2003. Happy Anniversary Tom smilie_pokal.gif

I bought my 914 for $400 bucks then spent 2,500 man-hours of personal time restoring my 914 20-years ago. I could not have done it without you guys/gals. wub.gif

Thank you Sir Andy for this wonderful trip on 914 World pray.gif

Tom Michigan

SirAndy
piratenanner.gif
Van B
Congratulations Tom!!!

Damn that car looks GoooooD!
r_towle
SirAndy has been providing us a great home for many years!
Congrats on keeping your first one.
While I have had many, I still have my first one.
Someday she will ride again!
wonkipop

beerchug.gif

happy anniversary.

nice vehicle. proper saturn yellow (or is that green/, bit like phoenix red - or is that orange? - great original colours on these cars and yours looks fantastic).
JeffBowlsby
Congrats Tom, always l appreciated what you have done to your car.

I wonder how many 20year+ members remain active here?
rick 918-S
first.gif The Alien is still with me. It's been a long time since the fall run to Hell assimilate.gif How come I have a lower Member # than you Sir Andy? biggrin.gif
mb911
Congratulations. It goes really fast. I have owned my 914 going on 8 years and been a member here for about 20 years as well but actively posting for that 8 years or so.
914Sixer
smilie_pokal.gif Congratulations are in order.
Cairo94507
Congratulations are definitely called for. beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif
campbellcj
Congrats Tom, your car looks fantastic and it's crazy how time flies! I'm coming up on 21 years with my current 914, and it's been a lot of fun though my to-do list never seems to shrink
Freezin 914
driving.gif aktion035.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 26 2023, 12:40 AM) *

first.gif The Alien is still with me. It's been a long time since the fall run to Hell assimilate.gif How come I have a lower Member # than you Sir Andy? biggrin.gif

Rick
I remember our ride to HELL Michigan
Tom
r_towle

Because, if I recall, he was so busy migrating everything from the previous site he forgot to join up for a bit..

Andy does a ton of work to keep things working.
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 26 2023, 08:03 AM) *

Because, if I recall, he was so busy migrating everything from the previous site he forgot to join up for a bit..

Andy does a ton of work to keep things working.

Brad and i set up the original 914club website in December 2002, just before christmas. We didn't even have any web hosting at that point, we were running it straight off an old desktop computer at his house.

I didn't actually join as a member until late January of 2003 when we moved everything to a hosted environment on one of the spare servers of my then company.
type.gif
Montreal914
Happy Anniversary! driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif
JeffBowlsby
We should plan a series of local 914world 20th anniversary parties.
Shivers
Congrats Tom, car really looks wonderful. When I went from Club to World back then, I was not sure if there would be a place for 914's for long. But SirAndy picked up the baton and has made a home for all of us. Thank You Andy smile.gif
914werke
I just spent a .5 or so this last week with one active member who's No# is in double digits & anniversery would have been in Dec. of last year. cheer.gif.
He let his car go just recently but kept it in the family as it went to his son (another member) smile.gif
Looks like my anniversary is in a few days w00t.gif
Superhawk996
Congrats! Where was that picture taken?

Enjoyed many drives though Hell in my first teener. Actually found my 1964 Honda Dream for sale along the roadside just outside of Hell while on one of those drives.
StratPlayer
iI joined 12/27/02, been here a while. beer.gif
DRPHIL914
congratulations!
i had to look, i joined Dec 09, 2009 14 years ago, and just hit 5300 posts!! it says that is an average of 1.1 per day ! WOW. so what do we do with our spare time?? beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
Wow, cant believe it will be 20 for me in Nov. Time has flown by.

Big thanks to Sir Andy for the World in which we thrive.
jim_hoyland
Almost 20’years; Sir Andy and Brad started a great adventure for all 914’rs; Thank You smile.gif
Group: Members
Member No.: 643
VaccaRabite
I'm currently in my 19th year here. My 20 year anniversary will be in December.
Apparently I joined 2 years before I even bought a car, during the daydreaming phase. I remember that. Looking at 944s and Ghias and 240Zs for ages before finally buying a house with a garage and buying my 914.

Zach

SteveL
I go back to the DGI 914 site days. How long ago was that.....
type47fan
September 17, 2023 is 20 years for me! It's been a great ride . . . a great two rides . . .

Thanks to Andy and the countless others that have made 914s relevant in the automotive world!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Rob-O
December 5th, 2003 for me so 20 years will come later this year. Was on 914Club first though and somehow missed when the split took place. I think I have an older login here, this thread has me wondering. I’ll have to see if I can find that login info. Maybe Andy or some other admin can consolidate those accounts.

I would like to say though…Andy, although I’ve never met you, a sincere, heartfelt, thank you for everything you’ve given over the 20+ years of running this site. I know you’ve given an enormous amount of your time for the benefit of this community. You (and the other admins, too) are the glue that has made the 914 community one that the guys of other car communities are envious of.
CCE
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Feb 25 2023, 07:44 PM) *

w00t.gif

I just noticed my 20-year 914-Word Anniversary when I signed up Feb 24th 2003. Happy Anniversary Tom smilie_pokal.gif

I bought my 914 for $400 bucks then spent 2,500 man-hours of personal time restoring my 914 20-years ago. I could not have done it without you guys/gals. wub.gif

Thank you Sir Andy for this wonderful trip on 914 World pray.gif

Tom Michigan

$400 well spent. Just never talk about parts and labor. lol-2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Mar 2 2023, 06:34 PM) *

December 5th, 2003 for me so 20 years will come later this year. Was on 914Club first though and somehow missed when the split took place. I think I have an older login here, this thread has me wondering. I’ll have to see if I can find that login info. Maybe Andy or some other admin can consolidate those accounts.

I would like to say though…Andy, although I’ve never met you, a sincere, heartfelt, thank you for everything you’ve given over the 20+ years of running this site. I know you’ve given an enormous amount of your time for the benefit of this community. You (and the other admins, too) are the glue that has made the 914 community one that the guys of other car communities are envious of.

@Rob-O

AFAIK This is your one and only login, you joined December 2003. When we split from 914club in 2006, both 914club and 914world got to retain the same original database. There was no "restart" so to speak. All history prior to the 2006 split has been preserved (sans some of the offsite images that aren't available anymore).
bye1.gif
Gint
Time flies...
914werke
agree.gif Old timer biggrin.gif
JmuRiz
Another Dec 2002 here, before that I was on the renegade text board when I was in college an dreaming of a 914 once I had the money to buy one smile.gif

Ooops, back then I drove my car a lot and did lots of local GTGs....now my 914 has been in pieces for well over 10 years blink.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Feb 25 2023, 10:29 PM) *

Congrats Tom, always l appreciated what you have done to your car.

I wonder how many 20year+ members remain active here?

I joined November 2003. I think i will make the 20 year mark.
orthobiz
Congrats! Let's celebrate by going for a ride this summer!

Paul
TheCabinetmaker
20 for me on may 8th. The old devil is still around!
TJB/914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Mar 3 2023, 04:21 PM) *
pray.gif
Congrats! Let's celebrate by going for a ride this summer!

Paul

Hi Paul,
Happy to know your still above ground & alive w00t.gif
Yes, we need to get together this summer. Been busy getting old and cranky & thinking I want to grow up to be like your with a garage full of (3+) 914's in every color.
Tom forever 914 buddy.
Lockwodo
I've been on this forum for a year and it's the most reliable thing about owning a 914 beer3.gif
Steve
Mine is in June, same as my Birthday. Something else to celebrate at the WCR.
anderssj
Congratulations Tom! And thanks Sir Andy for your time and effort keeping this place up and running!

I can’t believe it’s been 20 years for me too…

Click to view attachment
Rob-O
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 2 2023, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Mar 2 2023, 06:34 PM) *

@Rob-O

AFAIK This is your one and only login, you joined December 2003. When we split from 914club in 2006, both 914club and 914world got to retain the same original database. There was no "restart" so to speak. All history prior to the 2006 split has been preserved (sans some of the offsite images that aren't available anymore).
bye1.gif

@SirAndy . I found my old login. It is from 2009. I think I forgot my login info for the Rob-o account and didn’t have access to the e-mail address so I could reset my password. So I started a new account thinking I’d never be able to get the Rob-o login back. My 2009 persona is Rob-o1167. The avatar is a Stop sign that says collaborate and listen. Looks like about 50+ posts there.
ThinAir
I missed my 20 year anniversary about a month ago. Hard to believe it's been that long. I've made some amazing friendships along the way, and could not have my 914 without all the expertise that this group so gladly shares.
Eric_Shea
beerchug.gif to my Big Mitten cruising buddy.

Hope to make it back home again this summer Tom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.