Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.2 6 w/ MFI into '72: Electrical
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bossboy302
Ok, going to begin to knit the wiring together for 2.2 MFI into '72.

Have: '71 911E-
Engine harness
Electrical board
Fuel filter/console
Fuel pump
Have '72 914-
Engine harness
Relay board

I suspect I'll need wiring diagrams for '72 914/'71 911E/ 914-6.

Best current source?

Any directions to such projects also much appreciated. Thanks

r_towle
https://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/
JmuRiz
I think Perry Keihl makes custom harnesses…that can eliminate the relay board if needed too.

I’ve been putting off getting one for years, time to order one
B3owulf
I am on a similar path, I have a 2.4 MFI engine going in to a '73.

I had seen previous references to Jeff Bowlsby who's site was listed above. I was planning on reaching out when I got a bit further on the project.

Interested to see how your build comes together!
ClayPerrine
I had a 2.4L MFI motor in my 914-6 conversion for years. If you need to know how to hook everything up, let me know.

rgalla9146

I have a few 3 pin CD harnesses from that era 911s if that would help
targa72e
I had a 2.4 MFI engine in my car as well. I was able to move pins around to make the electrical all work. Think I might have added a additional wire for something but do no remember specifics. I found plenty of wiring diagrams online to figure out how to hook up.

FYI, biggest issue I had was no provision for heat thru MFI thermostat with 914-6 exhaust parts (I had headers) and car would not run right. I removed the thermostat and made a manual adjustment for cold start enrichment. Supertec performance has a cable enrichment system for 911's that could be adapted to work with 914.

john
mlindner
I went also with a 2.2E in my 74, just had Perry Kieihl build me and engine harness to plug into chaises harness. Relay board deleted, works great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.