Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog Light Assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shredhead
So I've done some restoration work on my fog lights but of course didn't do a good job of taking pictures when I pulled it apart so I could now easily put it back together. Would someone be able to give me step-by step specifics of how to reassemble? For example, do I put the new 914 Rubber seals around the lens or on the reflector? Where do the tabs on the lens and the retaining ring line up? I'm pretty sure the Hella logo on the lens lines up with the opening on the back. I also know how the retaining spring screws in. But do I need to rewire before closing it up?
Click to view attachment
Spoke
The gasket goes around the lens edge.

The lens/gasket goes in the reflector. The nub on the lens edge goes at the top of the reflector.

The lens/gasket/reflector goes in the bezel. There is a 2nd nub on the lens that goes in the cutout on the bezel at the bottom.

The lens/gasket/reflector/bezel hooks on the top of the base.
Shredhead
Thanks Spoke! Obviously springs go on before assembly goes in to base? How about wiring? Do I wait to attach bezel et al. to base until after I've connected the two wires?

QUOTE(Spoke @ Feb 28 2023, 10:37 AM) *

The gasket goes around the lens edge.

The lens/gasket goes in the reflector. The nub on the lens edge goes at the top of the reflector.

The lens/gasket/reflector goes in the bezel. There is a 2nd nub on the lens that goes in the cutout on the bezel at the bottom.

The lens/gasket/reflector/bezel hooks on the top of the base.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.