Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 build - question on throttle linkage near gas pedal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Good morning, hope everyone is having a good (if wet) week.

I've got a throttle linkage issue that I am trying to sort out and looking at PET I noticed there is a different part listed for 914/6 cars vs regular 914s.

Specifically the front Reverse Lever (914-423-260-00) is different on 6 cylinder cars and I am wondering if that part needs to be tracked down or if there is a workaround?

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Indeed, the 6 has a different pedal set part (27/1) that the hand throttle rod presses against to raise the RPMs. You might check with Bruce and see if he has one. But, it is not really a complicated part. It is just a tab the rod presses on. One might be able to fabricate that if a stock pedal part were not available. A lot of 6's that were converted to bigger fuel injected engines, removed the hand throttle so there should be some lying around collecting dust. I initially did not reinstall the hand throttle in my car (3.2 with Motronic) but then decided I like having that stock lever where it belonged, so I added it back. @bdstone914 to see if he has one. beerchug.gif
brant
you can convert a car to a 6 without the hand throttle for cold starts/warm ups...
or you will need the part if you intend to have a hand throttle.
Al Meredith
I think Bruce is including that tab on all his rebuilds
bdstone914
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Mar 1 2023, 10:45 AM) *

I think Bruce is including that tab on all his rebuilds

I do not put the tab on my pedal sets. I have made a few uppn request and made some hand throttles using heater levers

Bruce
Tdskip
Thank you all very much for the fast and (as always) very helpful responses. I appreciate it.

So it looks like that handle throttle related difference isn't impacting my linkage issue, believe it is play in that lever so metal is fatigued or the pedal/bushing assembly is not to spec.

@bdstone914 - so you have new/replacement bits on hand if I were to stop by?

Thanks!
Cairo94507
@Tdskip - Just a thought, not sure what the condition of your pedal set is, but one of the problems I had when we installed my pedal set was an incorrect clutch pedal arm was installed that was about 5/8" longer on the shaft than a 914 arm. That caused my linkage to sort of stick at certain points- typically when coming off the gas, at a high idle. I reached out to Bruce and he confirmed I had an incorrect part and he sent me the correct part. Problem solved. beerchug.gif
Tdskip
Thanks @Cairo94507 , appreciate the consideration.

In my case the arm is either bending or flexing and not translating into actual throttle movement. Not sure if the shop just put it together wrong, or if the throttle cable is binding resulting in excessive force at the gas pedal having to be used or maybe cable is too short?

Pedal cluster was rebuilt buy a super helpful and competent person here so leaving heavily towards the shop messing it up.

I have this vague idea those levers can bend or flex if a weld breaks, might be just confused on that however.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.