Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bistein Struts Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Deusexmachina77
I'm installing new Bilstein greens. They come with a small black rubber washer. I can't figure out if the washer goes outside the dust cover or inside. Or is this washer just something for shipping?

Also, I can't find the Bilstein strut cap gland nut wrench. Or, more accurately, I don't want to pay $45 for a $5 tool. Bilstein stopped making them or is no longer making them available. Not exactly sure what the story is there. Should I tighten it with a bike tool and be done with it? I'm worried about getting the torque correct.

Victor
mepstein
The black rubber band is just for shipping.
Use a bicycle pin spanner. Torque is - good and tight.
There will be a 2-3 mm space between the gland nut and the strut body. That’s normal.
No oil in the strut body.
Deusexmachina77
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 1 2023, 05:58 PM) *

The black rubber band is just for shipping.
Use a bicycle pin spanner. Torque is - good and tight.
There will be a 2-3 mm space between the gland nut and the strut body. That’s normal.
No oil in the strut body.

Thank You! beerchug.gif
914Sixer
I have the tool. Send me your shipping info and I will get it on the way to you.
CCE
QUOTE(Deusexmachina77 @ Mar 1 2023, 05:07 PM) *

I'm installing new Bilstein greens. They come with a small black rubber washer. I can't figure out if the washer goes outside the dust cover or inside. Or is this washer just something for shipping?

Also, I can't find the Bilstein strut cap gland nut wrench. Or, more accurately, I don't want to pay $45 for a $5 tool. Bilstein stopped making them or is no longer making them available. Not exactly sure what the story is there. Should I tighten it with a bike tool and be done with it? I'm worried about getting the torque correct.

Victor

I installed the struits cap without the tool. They work fine…(not the best recommendation but it actually works.)
Deusexmachina77
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 1 2023, 06:41 PM) *

I have the tool. Send me your shipping info and I will get it on the way to you.

I sent you a PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.