Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OEM timing sticker for 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
altitude411
Can anyone with an original timing sticker on a 914/6 post a photo of theirs? Are any of these renditions shown below original? Maybe we can make this a factory original decal thread with photos. ALL original decals in their original locations to correspond with the 6's decal group buy that 914Rubber is promoting.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Are they metal (foil)? If so I'd say yes. It almost looks too good, so I can see why you would question it.
-Mark
gandalf_025
This is the original from my car..

Bad picture though…

Click to view attachment
DennisV
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Mar 1 2023, 08:34 PM) *

Maybe we can make this a factory original decal thread with photos. ALL original decals in their original locations...

I believe these to be the original decals in the original location on our 1970 914-6. This is left (driver) side bottom of the engine cover.
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Here are mine from my '71 914-6, on my original engine lid with original paint:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DennisV
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 2 2023, 05:55 AM) *

We also have the tire sticker that Cairo94507 shared. Note that some of the values are slightly different.

I can't recall where it is located though. I'm a few states away from the car at the moment, so I can't go look.
Click to view attachment
altitude411
Thank you all. I wonder why the difference in the tire sticker. The 2+1 and the 2? Was the third seat belt a factory option? idea.gif

@Cairo94507 is the tire sticker location on the opposite side /bottom of the engine lid?

* Also if some of you original guys could posts pics of your door jamb vin stickers in their locations that would be appreciated as well. Was their any decal in the passenger door jam?
Cairo94507
@Altitude411 - Yes; this is the best picture I have of that one on the engine lid. Kind of hard to make out the gold label on the gold paint, but you can still see it. I would guess about 1" from the bottom.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
QUOTE(DennisV @ Mar 2 2023, 06:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 2 2023, 05:55 AM) *

We also have the tire sticker that Cairo94507 shared. Note that some of the values are slightly different.

I can't recall where it is located though. I'm a few states away from the car at the moment, so I can't go look.
Click to view attachment

That's the one we made. Looks like we will be making the 2+1 for the 6 and 4. I'll post up a thread shortly.
troth
There are a few engine bay and other decals available in the Porsche classic catalog.
DennisV
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Mar 2 2023, 06:42 AM) *

Was their any decal in the passenger door jam?

As I recall, the silver VIN / production date sticker was located in the passenger door jam.

I think these are covered to some degree in the Authenticity book. Sorry I don't have access to my book or car at the moment to confirm.Click to view attachment
GregAmy
RPM: 6000
Transmission: Neutral

Pshew! Good thing they tell you about that last part!
gandalf_025
The 2 + 1 sticker goes on the inside of the engine lid
on the opposite side of the orhers , over the battery..

The VIN sticker is in the drivers door jamb..
This is the location, this one was never removed,
It was painted around..

Click to view attachment
fixer34
More sticker posts. Original from a March '70 -6. left side of engine lid

Tire/passenger sticker in the 2+1 thread

Click to view attachment
fixer34
Engine sticker on fan housing

Silver punched month/year VIN sticker is on driver's side door jam.

Click to view attachment
flat4guy
Just bought this onClick to view attachmentline so I could register it in California.
mmascari
Is there a vendor that sells reproduction stickers like this? If so where?
DennisV
QUOTE(mmascari @ Apr 15 2023, 08:25 AM) *

I suspect there are a few, but here's an example from Aase.

The OP seems to be suggesting that 914rubber will have one, but I don't see one on their website.
DennisV
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Apr 14 2023, 08:13 PM) *

Just bought this online so I could register it in California.

@flat4guy You ran into an issue registering a 70s car because you didn't have a timing sticker?

I am also in NorCal and will be crossing this bridge in a few months. I was under the impression that 70s cars had aged out of emissions scrutiny.
QUOTE(DennisV @ Apr 15 2023, 08:36 AM) *

@flat4guy You ran into an issue registering a 70s car because you didn't have a timing sticker?

I am also in NorCal and will be crossing this bridge in a few months. I was under the impression that 70s cars had aged out of emissions scrutiny.

owned my 6 for 50 years this year and never had to comply with smog regulation because the California rule states that a car equiped with factory multiple carburation is exempt.Hope this helps! smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Plenty of factory original nos on the shelf
altitude411
QUOTE(DennisV @ Apr 15 2023, 09:34 AM) *

QUOTE(mmascari @ Apr 15 2023, 08:25 AM) *

I suspect there are a few, but here's an example from Aase.

The OP seems to be suggesting that 914rubber will have one, but I don't see one on their website.

They (914Rubber) are selling the four engine lid stickers but so far not the timing sticker. Here is a link but I'm not sure if the promo price is still valid.

https://914rubber.com/new-gold-foil-sticker-set
gms
This is the standard US Market sticker for 1970
Click to view attachment

This is the same as the one on my German delivery 1970 914-6
Click to view attachment

I have seen this on a German delivery 1971 914-6
Click to view attachment
altitude411
@gms Glenn were their pictures that didn't make it into your post?
gms
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Apr 16 2023, 01:07 PM) *

no, they are just re-posts from OP
altitude411
QUOTE(gms @ Apr 17 2023, 12:22 PM) *

QUOTE(altitude411 @ Apr 16 2023, 01:07 PM) *

no, they are just re-posts from OP

Ok, Thank you for clarifying that for me.
flat4guy
QUOTE(914043 @ Apr 15 2023, 10:23 AM) *

QUOTE(DennisV @ Apr 15 2023, 08:36 AM) *

owned my 6 for 50 years this year and never had to comply with smog regulation because the California rule states that a car equiped with factory multiple carburation is exempt.Hope this helps! smile.gif

Thank you - per the new vin verification sheets cars now 1969 and newer need to have the sticker, not the equipment. Silly rule.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
all from the factory:Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
excuse the poor photosClick to view attachment
flat4guy
QUOTE(DennisV @ Apr 15 2023, 07:36 AM) *

It was an out of state purchase so I needed a vin verification - that's where the issue came up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.