Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Boxster Spyder 22 for pennies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
technicalninja
https://www.copart.com/lot/36919643/salvage...tx-dallas-south

This is a killer deal!
It's not really a 914 for sale but it's the ultimate drivetrain
I'm not registered for copart yet but one of might be so I posted this in the wrong forum.
10 minutes to go
brant
drive train...
not for a 914.
rjames
Copart doesn't sell anything for pennies. Bidding is at $63k right now.
r_towle
if its not broken, the engine is what....35k
the trans...another 35k

Then the rest..

Its probably worth just about what its at if its still 63k.
Still gotta take it all apart and sell it all..and ship it...and listen to all the BS...
technicalninja
Yep, it was at 3,500 last night and went far past its closing time in the 12K range.
I thought it should sell somewhere between 60K and 100K.
The big dogs didn't get into the fight till 12:30 ish and it's still going...

It's not pennies anymore and had I been registered I would have bid to 20k and I'd have not made it.

I was just looking at figures for a base 16 and up Boxster or Cayman as the blown 2.0 four cylinder might be a good conversion set up for the 914.

I found that and it WAS cheap.

Sorry if I've wasted your time...

I also apologize for posting in the wrong sub-forum. I wanted to give a heads-up that would be seen quickly for someone who could buy from them.

As I have a business that deals with automobiles, I will register with them.
Target vehicles for me are early Boxster S or Cayman S.
I just want the drivetrain goodies, don't care about bodywork at all. A SEVERELY hail damaged car is my want...
A late 16 and up might be interesting as well.
SirAndy
$65k right now and still at "reserve not met".

Not exactly what i would call "pennies".
blink.gif
technicalninja
Last night at 3500 it said reserve not met but this morning it did not at 8K.
At 63K it did not say reserve not met but when I checked just now it's at 65K and has the reserve not met. It also has 4days on the clock as well. The initial auction should have ended at 12:00 central.

Strangely this same car shows up in the FT Worth auction listing as well but not active auction yet.

Way weird auction antics.

I would have expected an auction that showed an end time would at least end after someone did not increase the bid for 15-30 minutes on the day listed.

Oh, well,
Maybe I should not have posted this anyways...
rjames
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Mar 2 2023, 12:45 PM) *

Last night at 3500 it said reserve not met but this morning it did not at 8K.
At 63K it did not say reserve not met but when I checked just now it's at 65K and has the reserve not met. It also has 4days on the clock as well. The initial auction should have ended at 12:00 central.

Strangely this same car shows up in the FT Worth auction listing as well but not active auction yet.

Way weird auction antics.

I would have expected an auction that showed an end time would at least end after someone did not increase the bid for 15-30 minutes on the day listed.

Oh, well,
Maybe I should not have posted this anyways...

I think 'weird auction antics' describes Copart pretty accurately.
wonkipop
boy, that boxster had a short life.

reminds me of stories from the old days about 930s getting driven out of the aus showroom and not making it half way to home before deciding to take on a lamp post backwards.

Unobtanium-inc
Copart, expect to pay within 20% of retail or full retail. Remember, you're competing against overseas bidders who will always outpay you. And if they can bring in a salvage title car there is much lower tax rate, so big incentive for them to outbid you, everytime.

The last time you could really get a good deal at an auction was before the internet, I can remember standing in the rain bidding and deals could be had. Those days are long gone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.