Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber/Foam torsion cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
On the rear of the front torsion bar, just behind the adjuster cover is a felt ring/washer.

I dont have mine, so the torsion bars rattle when I hit a pothole or when I get close to lifting a wheel.

So, I looked at Pelican Parts and they have a replacement foam one...

I was gonna make it out of rubber, specifically 1/4 inch rubber to make sure I STOP the rattle...

I have had this Rattle for several years, and I finally asked a friend why he thinks it might happen, and we disected the noise till we figured it out...Thanx Tom T.

Anyways, how big is it, and what size hole is in the middle.

It is shaped like a washer.

Thanx
Rich
ArtechnikA
i've got some brand-new ones in a box from Stoddard i'll measure when i get home. IIRC, they're only about $1 ...
ArtechnikA
they're a sorta sticky closed-cell foam. i think it'd compress to a nice conformal seal.
r_towle
could i bother you to take a pic with a regular ruler, either metric or american..(not tenths and 100ths...) please please...

Also, how thick is it???
anthony
This looks like a good way to me:

user posted image

Personally, I'm skeptical that the lack of the foam washer would cause the torsion bars to rattle. They should be under quite a bit of tension unless you are doing a duke's of hazzard style jump.
anthony
The guy said they were sealing washers from ACE hardware. I'm not sure what they are supposed to seal though.

user posted image
ArtechnikA
here ya go - for people with fingers in multiples of 16 ...
it starts out 1/2" thick - i thick it'd squish doan and stay that way tho.
r_towle
Thank you very very much.

I know that was a pain, but I dont have a 100ths ruler...

Thanx again

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.