Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dansk front fenders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
team914
Hi,
Just wondering if anybody has used the Dansk repro 914 front fenders on a repair or restoration. Would be interested to know how they fitted up re gaps etc?
Thanks
mb911
I think they look cool but pretty pricey
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 4 2023, 09:29 AM) *

I think they look cool but pretty pricey

I like Dansk parts but you have to be careful with their replacement parts because the lines aren’t always the same as original. Not a big deal on structural metal because you can bend and reshape it but it’s really important for exterior body parts. I bought Porsche fenders and quarters from a Porsche dealer for my 67 because Dansk parts are ok but not great. Porsche metal might be made by Dansk but it’s quite different in person. Sometimes there’s no choice but you just have to know it might not be a duplicate of the original part.
rick 918-S
I forgot who sales them. Got a link. I was thinking about purchasing one to see what they are like. I have an OEM her to compare.
zoomCat
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 4 2023, 11:04 AM) *

I forgot who sales them. Got a link. I was thinking about purchasing one to see what they are like. I have an OEM her to compare.

PMB is having a sale.
https://pmbperformance.com/products/left-fr...che-914-1970-76
altitude411
I was just wondering about this last night as well, I am curious about the rear latch panel?? Anyone that has installed one please let us know what your thoughts are beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 4 2023, 11:04 AM) *

Would love to see that comparison. The tooling to stamp this fender isn’t cheap to make due to the deep draw of the turn signal fender line. If good quality, price is in line with what it cost to do the tooling properly.
rick 918-S
2K for a fender is not terrible considering a year ago or so the only thing that was available was to hope someone would let loose of a stash or spend hours on end carefully disecting a used part in hopes you end up with a usable part. I purchased whole cars in hopes I would end up with one fender only to find terminal rust I was avoiding on the original car I was attempting to repair.

BTW: if a repop is 2k what is my OEM worth? idea.gif
altitude411
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 4 2023, 10:58 AM) *

2K for a fender is not terrible considering a year ago or so the only thing that was available was to hope someone would let loose of a stash or spend hours on end carefully disecting a used part in hopes you end up with a usable part. I purchased whole cars in hopes I would end up with one fender only to find terminal rust I was avoiding on the original car I was attempting to repair.

BTW: if a repop is 2k what is my OEM worth? idea.gif

agree.gif I'd be ok spending that money on a piece of new metal if there were little to no differences from OEM. Pull the trigger Rick. Your opinion would be highly valued here and you could save your original. That's money in the bank with interest shades.gif

* now if someone would stamp a rear quarter... cheer.gif
914werke
That this conversation is happening is telling!
"back in the day" youd drill some holes, break out the slide hammer, slather on some plastic fill & sand paint & call it a day.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(914werke @ Mar 4 2023, 12:00 PM) *

"back in the day" youd drill some holes, break out the slide hammer, slather on some plastic fill & sand paint & call it a day.

And the car cost as much as the fender does today!! LOL beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 6 2023, 09:18 AM) *

QUOTE(914werke @ Mar 4 2023, 12:00 PM) *

And the car cost as much as the fender does today!! LOL beerchug.gif

My worse nightmare. Drilled holes and slide hammers with California bond rivets hanging out the back side... dry.gif icon8.gif screwy.gif
mepstein
Got my 67 back from Ecoat and found a couple of your favorite repairs.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 6 2023, 03:18 PM) *

Got my 67 back from Ecoat and found a couple of your favorite repairs.

yikes.gif

Oh BTW: You can get skins for the 911 doors. I think I purchased a couple for our 912 from SMC. Still in the boxes waiting for time to get to the car. I would skin that door is a minute.
siverson
I could have used that a couple years ago. Probably would have been (much?) cheaper than the labor required to remove and transplant this.

-Steve
siverson
The only option I had at the time...

-Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.