Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifter Fork adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
I am top cheap to buy the jig that is used for adjusting the shifter Forks.

Does anyone have a pattern for this, or does anyone have one they could loan me, I will make one up from that pattern.

Or, I saw a guy who cut a transmission case to enable
an open view to adjust these shifter forks. I lost that picture....That might be all I need if someone has that picture of the cut away transmission case.

Thanx
Rich
Aaron Cox
do a search for Clay Perrine AND shift fork alignment

should be there smile.gif

AA
ClayPerrine
The shift fork jigs are a mandatory thing for adjusting the forks. But I found that even with the jig it can still be misadjusted due to the sheer age of the transmission parts.

By using a transmission that suffered a CV joint impact trauma and opening it up, I was able to adjust the forks on the first try every time.

BTW, anyone want to buy a 901 shift fork adjustment jig?

r_towle
Clay, how much for the used Jig???

Or would you loan it out?

Rich
Red-Beard
Buy a used transmission. Pick the better one and rebuild it. Cut the case on the reject and make your own tool.

I wish I had the time to do this, as I had something like 8 or 9 cases I tossed out before I left San Diego.
Dominic
Here is a picture of the jig I use. This one was given to me, but it looks easy to make if you have a spare case laying around. Plus it's a more accurate way of doing the fork alignment.
Aaron Cox
great idea! thx smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.