Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luft: April 29 BBQ At The Red Barn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tygaboy
UPDATE as of 4/28:
I'll have to keep my car in place (on display) but will be headed home as soon as Luft ends at 2:00.

Folks are welcome to come over directly and hang out all afternoon. I'll be heading to get the food probably around 4:30 with dinner at 5:00-ish.

UPDATE as of 4/14:
Hey attendees, it looks like I'm full up, space-wise, so need to close "registration" for this event.
PLEASE, if you can, carpool with any other attendees, thanks.
I'm planning to be ready for folks to arrive starting 4:30.
See you on the 29th!

HI folks!
Luft is going to end up close enough to Petaluma that I figured it'd be a good excuse to host a BBQ gathering on Saturday evening, 4/29.

At this point, I think it'll be the same deal as WCR 2022: I'll provide food from the BBQ place down the road.

Ribs, chicken, beans, salad.

If you're interested, please let me know so I have some idea of what to expect.

And if you're local and not attending Luft, you're absolutely welcome!
(But we will point, laugh and talk about things you didn't get to see...! happy11.gif )
willieg
Chris
Incredible offer. I will bring a case of 805 if that is ok with you.
tygaboy
QUOTE(willieg @ Mar 4 2023, 07:54 AM) *

Chris
Incredible offer. I will bring a case of 805 if that is ok with you.

@wllieg Bill, that'd be great! Thanks...
SirAndy
piratenanner.gif

I should be able to make that one ...
beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Pretty sure we will be at Luft, so yeah, we are in too. I am sure we will bring something. beerchug.gif
DennisV
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Mar 4 2023, 07:51 AM) *

Luft is going to end up close enough to Petaluma that I figured it'd be a good excuse to host a BBQ gathering on Saturday evening, 4/29.

If you're interested, please let me know so I have some idea of what to expect.

Hey Chris. Generous offer. beerchug.gif

I'm local and have my tickets for Luft as well. Would be great to meet some folks and see some cars in person.

I have to ask. Is the barn for cars or animals? biggrin.gif
markhoward
Planning on being there!
Jack Standz
We are planning to attend Luftgekuhlt on Sunday & your BBQ on Saturday night.

So 2 total and please give suggestions on what to bring (or it'll be left to our discretion and that may be risky).
Optimusglen
Awesome, I'll try to make it! Would be cool to see you dudes.
MartyYeoman
I put it on my calendar. Looking forward to attending.
roundtwo
@tygaboy

I'm in!!!
Sounds great Chris.
Happy to help out whatever that looks like.
Todd
wes
Hey Chris the boys, Manas Winston and I would be happy to come by. Thanks!
Dave_Darling
Damn. I want to make that, but I don't know if I'll be in the area!!

--DD
RoadGlue
Hey Chris, I should be there and I'll bring some beers. Thanks for hosting!
flat4guy
We are attending the show Saturday and would love to stop by that evening, let us know what to bring.
RoadGlue
Bump - I might bring a 914 buddy along too. TBD
Retroracer
Sadly will miss this; a long weekend elsewhere that's been long to plan and not easily shifted around. As well as the fine company at the Red Barn, I will miss Luft as well!

Have fun!

- Tony
Dave_Darling
RSVP yes. Not attending Luft, so please laugh.

--DD
PotterPorsche
I don’t have my 914 , but still have my ghia and my aircooled 911 . Had a blast at the NorCal west coast ramble Pre Covid .
cali914
Im in Chris. I will bring a desert.
tygaboy
UPDATE as of 4/14:
Hey attendees, it looks like I'm full up, space-wise, so need to close "registration" for this event.
I'm planning to be ready for folks to arrive starting 4:30.
See you on the 29th!
flat4guy
We will make some home made dessert.
SirAndy
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Apr 14 2023, 08:12 AM) *

If anyone needs/wants a ride, please PM me. I'm in the east bay and plan to leave around 3:30pm.
driving.gif
tygaboy
Potty on! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

I'll have to keep my car in place (on display) but will be headed home as soon as Luft ends at 2:00.

Folks are welcome to come over directly and hang out all afternoon. I'll be heading to get the food probably around 4:30 with dinner at 5:00-ish.

See you tomorrow!
RoadGlue
Sorry to have to bail last minute. Finally got my first round of 'rona a few weeks ago and don't have a lot of extra oomph back yet, and was still testing positive a few days ago. Have fun and hope to see you folks soon.
SirAndy
Just got home driving.gif

Big thanks to @tygaboy for opening the red barn to us lot of misfits!
smilie_pokal.gif
flat4guy
just arrived back home - thank you for a great evening, good people and delicious food.Click to view attachment
DennisV
Thanks for opening up your shop to us and supplying food. It was great to be able to put some faces and cars to screen names.
Cairo94507
Chris and Lori don't miss a beat. They hosted a terrific after-luft BBQ. MY brother and I had a great time and as always really enjoyed the entire group. Unfortunately family obligations meant I had to leave at about 5:30. beerchug.gif
roundtwo
An Epic day at Luft followed by an epic afternoon at the Redbarn.
Thanks @tygaboy for hosting the BBQ and promoting more porsche gibber gabber enthusiasm. Enjoyed the banter around the fraternal 914 twins in the Redbarn.
markhoward
Thanks for having us Chris. It was great being back at the barn and seeing you, Lori, and all the peeps. Hope to meet up again soon, perhaps at EASY this Saturday?
914-300Hemi
Thank you very much Chris and Lori for hosting us. Michelle and I had a wonderful time and the food was amazing.

It was well worth the trip from So. Cal
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
wes
A BIG Thanks to Chris! Winston and I really enjoyed the bbq, food was spot on delicious along with great people a phone charge plus security rope for the surfboard. What more could you ask for! Oh how could I not mention the newest crazy engine swap, just amazing design work.
Dave_Darling
Thanks to Chris for hosting! It was nice to see some of you reprobates again, and to meet other folks for what seemed like the first time!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.