Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've reached the front bumper....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nivekdodge
I see new ones from Auto Atlanta and 914 rubber. or buy the whole bumper in fiberglass... are there fiberglass tops available? I only need the front

Kevin
JeffBowlsby
http://carlrudolph.com/
rfinegan
914 rubber was looking at fiberglass tops too at one time
nivekdodge
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Mar 5 2023, 11:20 PM) *

Thanks Jeff. I’m wondering now why the site didn’t come up…..

kevin
76-914
QUOTE(nivekdodge @ Mar 6 2023, 06:12 AM) *

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Mar 5 2023, 11:20 PM) *

Thanks Jeff. I’m wondering now why the site didn’t come up…..

kevin

must be on your end. they come up when I click on the link.
r_towle
that is very nice.
Has anyone got one who might show pics of the black one installed?
Curious how it looks versus rubber...and is it obvious.

rich
Eric_Shea

Click to view attachment

Hollyweird (Gulf Blue) has them... can't tell unless you were told.
r_towle
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 6 2023, 12:25 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Hollyweird (Gulf Blue) has them... can't tell unless you were told.

Great picture.
I would love to see if that session was taped just to hear the thoughts, ideas, and discussion about style changes that should be done....lol

rich
nivekdodge
If you wondered why they looks this way
RFoulds
I researched this pretty extensively. carl rudolph is not making the fiberglass tops at this time. no response to emails or calls.
914rubber has a batch coming in soon, AA have them in and had them on sale, $499 per pair. call them before you order from the site.
I got mine from AA last week and they look great.
nivekdodge
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Mar 6 2023, 05:01 PM) *

I researched this pretty extensively. carl rudolph is not making the fiberglass tops at this time. no response to emails or calls.
914rubber has a batch coming in soon, AA have them in and had them on sale, $499 per pair. call them before you order from the site.
I got mine from AA last week and they look great.

Thanks bunches Randy

Kevin
JeffBowlsby
Hey Randy, what the Carl Rudloph status? Closed up, not in business anymore or just a temp hiatus?
Puebloswatcop
I contacted Carl Rudolph several months ago. It took some persistence to get a response but he said he wasn't doing any at that time, but made it sound like he would be again soon...so????????
vitamin914
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Mar 6 2023, 09:01 PM) *

I contacted Carl Rudolph several months ago. It took some persistence to get a response but he said he wasn't doing any at that time, but made it sound like he would be again soon...so????????

I would not hold my breath for anything from them. Here is the response I received a year ago on March 22, 2022.

"Thank you for your inquiry into our 914 Bumper Pads. Unfortunately, we are out of product at the moment and are rebuilding stock at this time. It will be at least 1 month before we have product available for sale. We will notify you when stock is available again. Pre-pay is not necessary.

Kind Regards,

Carl Rudolph Co."

They never got back to me. I had even offered to pre-pay. I even randomly attempted to order with their PayPal set up over 6 months in the event they forgot about me - nothing.

I don't believe they are making these parts anymore. Your experience reinforces that.

Maybe they've retired from the side gig or are not physically able to make them anymore. I don't understand why they don't take down the website - then they wouldn't have to respond to repeated requests from us and give us false hopes. Too bad, everyone who actually has their product gives it very high praises.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
hard to get anyone to do fiberglass anymore, we have about 30 perfect molds but nothing is coming out of them because our guy retired.

Not worth putting fiberglass tops on the bumpers anyway because the car then has no protection from impact there
Mikey914
The rubber tops didn’t offer any real protection either.

Still working on the fiberglass option. I may have it solved.
If you can wait til the 20th I can have a set ready. $325 front and rear.

Mark
87m491
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 7 2023, 07:34 PM) *

Mark

Did anything ever come of this?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(87m491 @ Sep 26 2023, 06:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 7 2023, 07:34 PM) *

Mark

Did anything ever come of this?

agree.gif ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.