Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ariel Atom comes to Oregon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Here is a reply from the rep in Ashland Oregon to Marc Hines, Ariel Atom is building a production plant in Ashland Oregon, just North over the Calif border. Good place to stop on your way up north.

Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 4:13 PM
To: Hines, Marc
Subject: Ariel Atom

Marc,

Thanks for filling out the form on the ArielAtom.com site.

Please see the attached FAQ of commonly asked questions and answer, but be sure to let us know if you have others.

We are hoping to finalize pricing within a week or two, and will be able to start taking deposits shortly to hold interested parties place in line.

As for your specific questions.

1. See the attached FAQ about street legal. That said, there is one registered here in Ashland.

2. Any Honda or GM shop, or race shop, depending which drivetrain you choose. We will have Honda and GM Ecotec engines in the US.

3. See the FAQ, but prices vary from 35k, to 60k depending on options.

Best,

Craig

C R A I G B R A M S C H E R
cab@arielatom.com
http://www.arielatom.com/
1504 E. Main, Ashland OR 97520
P.541-482-9555 x 315
F.877-733-3155
------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error
914werke
I heard round $40K with NA Ford power when speaking to the hype man at the booth during MotoGP wink.gif
He also commented there was an supercharged version as well. pray.gif
boxstr
Here is a pic of one sitting still. looks fast just sitting. Or you could have a Miata.ZOOMZOOM
Mueller
Can you post the FAQ??

I cannot find it on the website.....

airsix
QUOTE (Mueller @ Aug 12 2005, 12:45 PM)
Can you post the FAQ??

I cannot find it on the website.....

Yeah, but I didn't find it before you didn't. laugh.gif
-Ben M.

ps - [UNDERSTATEMENT] I want one. [/UNDERSTATEMENT]
boxstr
FAQs at http://www.openwheelers.co.nz/newmodel/faq.htm
CCLINATOMIZER
airsix
Thanks, Craig. smile.gif

-Ben M.
airsix
Here are some updates and additional details on the U.S. production.

Brammo Motorsports will be the manufacturer. They are a race fabricator and builder of Ultimas (UK kit supercar) for street and race.

Jalopnik has some news.

Automotive Articles has a article up now with lots of info and details on changes, powertrains, and costs. Also driving impressions and concerns. They just visited Brammo, took the tour, and went to the track.

I got a hanker'n for this car.

-Ben M.
neo914-6
saw one at the Monterey Historics Ariel Atom
drew365
I guess I'm getting too old to understand / appreciate certain things. How are they going to make it street legal, as a car or as a four wheel motorcycle? Can you register a car with no windscreen or bumpers in Washington? I guess if they said they might offer it with a 3.6 vario-cam I might start to understand. smile.gif
I'm sure it's a heck of a ride, but so are a lot of motorcycles, and I don't own any.
Andyrew
I'd trade it in for my car any day.....

sorry guys... wink.gif
airsix
QUOTE (drew365 @ Sep 13 2005, 06:10 PM)
I guess I'm getting too old to understand / appreciate certain things. How are they going to make it street legal, as a car or as a four wheel motorcycle? Can you register a car with no windscreen or bumpers in Washington? I guess if they said they might offer it with a 3.6 vario-cam I might start to understand. smile.gif
I'm sure it's a heck of a ride, but so are a lot of motorcycles, and I don't own any.

I've read every word of the WA vehicle code at least 5 times trying to find all the loopholes, exemtions, and whatnot that would allow me to register absolutely ludicrous vehicles (like a Formula Continental for example - yes I AM that crazy). In WA you can pass vehicle inspection without a windscreen if "the driver wears goggles or other eye protection". You can also drive an open-wheel vehicle with no fenders or mud-flaps in dry conditions (but that's not an issue witht the Atom - it has motorcycle style fenders). Why would you need a 3.6 varioram? As-is it's the fastest accelerating car made. Everyone who drives it says it's a handling dream. Skip Barber is considering a fleet of them for their school to replace the Formula Dodges. I don't think it's the greatest looking thing on wheels, but I want performance. And this has it.
-Ben M.
Brando
Oh boy oh boy! I always wanted a car I had to wear a helmet to drive!

I think because of how stripped-down the chassis is (frame + motor) it would be a small vehicle, like an ATV or Motorcycle (both of which can be street driven as long as they have turn signals, proper tires and headlights). The operator would have to wear safety equipment as any other motorcycle driver.
drew365
QUOTE (airsix @ Sep 13 2005, 08:48 PM)
QUOTE (drew365 @ Sep 13 2005, 06:10 PM)

I've read every word of the WA vehicle code at least 5 times trying to find all the loopholes, exemtions, and whatnot that would allow me to register absolutely ludicrous vehicles (like a Formula Continental for example - yes I AM that crazy). In WA you can pass vehicle inspection without a windscreen if "the driver wears goggles or other eye protection". You can also drive an open-wheel vehicle with no fenders or mud-flaps in dry conditions (but that's not an issue witht the Atom - it has motorcycle style fenders). Why would you need a 3.6 varioram? As-is it's the fastest accelerating car made. Everyone who drives it says it's a handling dream. Skip Barber is considering a fleet of them for their school to replace the Formula Dodges. I don't think it's the greatest looking thing on wheels, but I want performance. And this has it.
-Ben M.

I wasn't trying to knock the car. I'm just beyond being able to appreciate something quite that radical for street driving. I'd love to try it on a track.
My reference to the 3.6 was just to mean if it had some Porsche content I'd probably be more interested. An Ultima with Porsche drivetrain is my dream car.
airsix
QUOTE (drew365 @ Sep 14 2005, 06:52 AM)
I wasn't trying to knock the car. I'm just beyond being able to appreciate something quite that radical for street driving. I'd love to try it on a track.
My reference to the 3.6 was just to mean if it had some Porsche content I'd probably be more interested. An Ultima with Porsche drivetrain is my dream car.

That's cool. smile.gif

-Ben M.
Joe Bob
Great commuter cat but no cuop holder...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.