Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB ASAP Decel Valve for a 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rick 918-S
Need this ASAP for a friend. His 16 year old daughter is resurecting a fire damaged 74-75 1.8. Anyone have one of these?
sportlicherFahrer
I bet @914werke has one. Believe '74 used the same as the Djet cars, and '75 went to that larger one. Different hose sizes and fittings between the intake tube and the valves from year to year.
Van B
Yup. That is specific to cars with EGR i.e. 75 but not 74. Also the 76 912E would have the same valve. recommend pulling the PN from the PET and doing a search. I'm sure there are some out there still.
StarBear
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 7 2023, 08:26 AM) *

Need this ASAP for a friend. His 16 year old daughter is resurecting a fire damaged 74-75 1.8. Anyone have one of these?

Good for her! Next next generation of teeners ( pun intended) arising. cheer.gif
Geezer914
Unless you want to be 100% original, or live in CA, you can eliminate the Decel valve.
rick 918-S
Thanks all. They have it bypassed for now so it is running.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 7 2023, 02:33 PM) *

Great news. So the FI stuff was OK?

Clay
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 7 2023, 02:38 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 7 2023, 02:33 PM) *

Great news. So the FI stuff was OK?

Clay

Yes, they have it running now. the biggest issue they could not get past was the connection at the controller. There is an issue where it does not like to be stressed. So likely corrosion or a small wire repair. and it seems to be sorted. It would start and run rich until it ran out of fuel from the cold start then die. Just stumbled on to the touchy connection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.