Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Front Inner Fender Metal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
gnomefabtech
Hi-

I'm returning a 914 that was cut for a V8 to original and need the inner fender sheetmetal to weld in. Here is a picture of the segments I need (not my car but you get the idea). Let me know what you have and if you can cut those segments out for me. I'm in SoCal so maybe I can come get the parts to save shipping headaches.

Click to view attachment
gnomefabtech
Heck, I'd even come to you and cut the segments out myself if that helps!
Superhawk996
pray.gif For fixing a V8 butcher job.

You should be able to find donor metal but that is also a pretty easy area to fab from flat stock if push comes to shove.

Bump to the top icon_bump.gif
Cairo94507
Paging @GaroldShaffer
gnomefabtech
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Mar 8 2023, 07:14 AM) *

pray.gif For fixing a V8 butcher job.

You should be able to find donor metal but that is also a pretty easy area to fab from flat stock if push comes to shove.

Bump to the top icon_bump.gif

Thanks. It's a bit more curved in there than I originally thought so getting the real metal would save a lot of time and allow me to make it look better. If anyone has a severely rusted or wrecked shell I'll be sawzall-smiley.gif
Superhawk996
@porscheaddic

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2507980

Haven’t seen Vince posting lately but he’s been a great source of metal for me a few years back.
Superhawk996
Don’t forget @914werke

Automobile Atlanta may have something too if you call them but it would be shipping from east Coast
mgphoto
Check with the samba and Craigslist, there are several people parting out 914s in the LA area, Bruce Stone has parts check with him here on 914world.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 8 2023, 09:51 AM) *

Sent you a PM
gnomefabtech
Thanks Garold!
Jason74914
i have that section already cut out, but i'm in Dallas
914LIVE

=================================

Good afternoon from the west side
of Portland, Oregon.

I can offer you that section from a rust
free "showroom" Porsche 914 that I
parted out.

$ 0.00 plus actual/true shipping or can deliver
via a convoy that comes down I-5 then heads
east on I-210 going through Pasadena.

Let me know.

=================================

QUOTE(gnomefabtech @ Mar 7 2023, 01:08 PM) *

Hi-

I'm returning a 914 that was cut for a V8 to original and need the inner fender sheetmetal to weld in. Here is a picture of the segments I need (not my car but you get the idea). Let me know what you have and if you can cut those segments out for me. I'm in SoCal so maybe I can come get the parts to save shipping headaches.

Click to view attachment

Montreal914
As other have mentioned, contact Vince in Hesperia, I am pretty sure he will have what you need.
He posts on CL. Pictures of bunch of 914 in a yard.
I was in contact with him a few days ago... I have his number if you can’t find him.
gnomefabtech
Parts arrived from Garold and they will be perfect.

Now I just need to prep everything and see how good I am at welding. Pics to follow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.