Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Assdragger pics, longhood conversion on an SC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Well, gud deals take awhile so here it is painted.....I don't like how the front bumper is mounted...too much of a gap between the bumper and the fenders and hood.....but I guess I can adjust it.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
seanery
except for the bumper it looks 1000% better than it did before!
Jeroen
cool!
nice "R" front blinkers too
sixnotfour
Looks Good , That exhaust looks way better than the supertraps

isn't there a rubber piece that helps fill the gap?

BTW; I saw a pair of Bunny Ears hanging on the wall of Local Myth Pizza in
Lake Chelan , Washington . Are they You'res? unsure.gif
Joe Bob
Who knows where the ears ended up....I had two...but somehow lost them in the Neverland Bus....I woke up the next day with a bad taste in my mouth and Aaron's phone number in my pocket and somehow wearing Matt's long shorts..... headbang.gif

As to the gasket...yeah, the little winky board said the same thing....wonder where I can get it?
TimT
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Aug 11 2005, 08:46 PM)
"isn't there a rubber piece that helps fill the gap?"

"As to the gasket...yeah, the little winky board said the same thing....wonder where I can get it?"

Mike I may have the seal for thte front bumber...

Ill have to look around in my boxes-o-stuff

I bought one a few years ago when I was going to make my car nice...

then the other voices in my head told me to build yet another racecar driving.gif
Joe Bob
Thanks Tim...that would be nice.
flesburg
I bought a heavy tail car last year, a fairly clean, for the midwest, 74 coupe, that will be my long term project car, to keep my 74 teen'r company. The 914 is a committed DE car, and the 911 is a little better weekend street car (based on my aging butt) and how it feels after a hundred miles of pot holes. For the next couple of years while I still have to work for a living, I am just going to use it in the summer as a weekend driver, but someday (when I retire in two years) it is going to come apart.
I am considering using MAShaw's yellowbird pieces and SC flairs. Know anyone who has done it?

Anyway, I like the looks of your long nose SC. Congratulations on getting it this far. Can't you figure out how to raise the bumper enough to fill the gap and leave out the rubber strip altogether?

What muffler do you have on it?

What happened to the water fall, I never did see it?
Joe Bob
Custom made muffler,,,it has a 3.6 from a 91 and the cat needed to be fitted behind the engine instead of along side like the stock exhaust system....the 91s moved the oil tank forwrd of the rear wheels...the SC has the tanke where the cat would be on a stock set up.....

This thing is FAR from original...I guess I should call it the Michael Jackson Special.... dry.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 11 2005, 09:41 PM)
This thing is FAR from original...I guess I should call it the Michael Jackson Special.... dry.gif

What color was it to start off with lol2.gif
bjorn jacobson
Looks really good Mike.

How much fabrication work does a bumper conversion like that take? Or is it pretty much bolt on stuff?

BJ
Joe Bob
Bolt on, but not easy....have to pull the doors and a lot of electrics....
now I'm straightening out the boneheaded electrics....the morons hooked the blinkers up to the lights.....blinkers don't work but my headlights flash....aw crud....
JmuRiz
Looking good Billy Ray
user posted image
jonwatts
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 11 2005, 07:00 PM)
As to the gasket...yeah, the little winky board said the same thing....wonder where I can get it?

It's an ass-dragger, how about an ass gasket?

user posted image

redshift
They should have hardwired the hazzards...

wink.gif

M
Aaron Cox
looks BITCHIN mike!

AA
Joe Bob
Well, two hours later....I gots running lights, blinkers and everything else....what a PITA. Morons wired the turnsignals into the headlights....first clue was when I couldn't find the blinker wiring when I pulled the blinker assemblies.....

Pulled the headlamps and found the blinkers wired into the low beam circuit. Since the fenders and headlight buckets are f/g I had to run grounds to the chassis and do some rerouting.....

Anyhow....all better now.
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif I think it looks damn cool!
MattR
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 11 2005, 06:00 PM)
somehow wearing Matt's long shorts..... headbang.gif

confused24.gif

those shorts fit me. But then again, Im twice your size.... and im taller too ohmy.gif

looks good bud. I'll be up in santa barbara some time soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.