Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1975 914 2.0L-Scarlet Red-SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
whiterabbit
For Sale 1975 Porsche 914 2.0L
Scarlet red (L31M)
Odometer: 09946 (nonfunctional)
VIN: 752906220
Price: $15,500 or make offer
PM for phone number or email nalt1@msn.com to discuss any details

This 914 is a turn-key, nice, reliable summer driver that shows well. Acquired in September 2019 as a barely running and driving, cosmetically ugly project car. The previous owner had hell hole and battery tray professionally repaired (not pretty, but solid) and changed from factory FI to Weber single carb. Longs and suspension console are in excellent condition. I believe this was originally an Arizona car, so corrosion was minimal when I received it. This 914 starts, drives, and stops reliably. Bursch muffler. I've been driving this 914 in the summer months only for the past two years. Parked in indoor storage during winter. All factory FI components will be sold with the vehicle. More photos can be provided by request. Since my ownership the following has been done:

- Replaced rear floor pans due to moderate rust perforations in rear floor area
- Replaced drivers side jack point support due to minor rust around jack point
- Undercoated full floor pans with U-POL Raptor roll-on 2-part bed liner (tinted red)
- Full braking system service
- Removed transaxle and replaced speedo drive seal, selector rod seal, transmission input shaft seal
- Rebuilt shift rod assembly from firewall back (All gears shift up and down smoothly)
- Rebuilt pedal assembly
- Replaced pedal board
- JWest replacement fuse block
- New starter
- New alternator
- New battery fall 2022
- New ignition switch
- New fuel level sending unit
- New speedo drive cable
- Chemically stripped and sanded paint back to factory scarlet red and/or bare metal
- Repainted body factory scarlet red (L31M) single stage 2K paint system with cut and buff.
- Reinstalled rear window with new butyl cord
- New negative side stripe
- Backdated front and rear bumpers
- Retrimmed driver and passenger seats with 914 Rubber Bright-Red Tartan upholstery kit
- New 914 Rubber rear roll bar bolster pad
- New Seatbelt Planet drivers side seat belt
- New carpet kit
- New basketweave dash face
- New basketweave door cards with custom red leather pulls (original door pocket and handles provided)
- Covered cabin-side firewall with perlon-like carpet (original back-pad will be sold with vehicle)
- New 914 Rubber seals (trunk, frunk, inner door, targa side, targa front, side window to body, etc.)
- New 914 Rubber sail panel and targa vinyl

Other disclosures:
-Heater blower does not work
- Short crack in lower right corner of windshield (seems stable)
- small rust perforations in rear trunk pan (treated with POR-15)
- Dealer installed AC condensing unit (Patch panel and AC vents will be sold with vehicle)
- Odometer doesn’t work
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
skota23
I would have been all over this a few months ago, seems decent. GLWS!

Steve
whiterabbit
One week icon_bump.gif
enf2232
Did you do the work yourself? Looking for sources in the area.
whiterabbit
QUOTE(enf2232 @ Mar 25 2023, 05:51 PM) *

yes, I did the work myself. This was my third vehicle project of this type, so I had some previous practice cutting, welding, and painting but I've been working on my own cars for 30 years.
enf2232
QUOTE(whiterabbit @ Mar 27 2023, 08:18 AM) *

yes, I did the work myself. This was my third vehicle project of this type, so I had some previous practice cutting, welding, and painting but I've been working on my own cars for 30 years.

If you get bored and want something to do let me know! smile.gif
whiterabbit
QUOTE(enf2232 @ Apr 4 2023, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(whiterabbit @ Mar 27 2023, 08:18 AM) *

If you get bored and want something to do let me know! smile.gif

PM sent
whiterabbit
icon_bump.gif New Price...$15,500
whiterabbit
QUOTE(whiterabbit @ Mar 14 2023, 06:52 AM) *

For Sale 1975 Porsche 914 2.0L
Scarlet red (L31M)
Odometer: 09946 (nonfunctional)
VIN: 752906220
Price: $15,500 or make offer
PM for phone number or email nalt1@msn.com to discuss any details

This 914 is a turn-key, nice, reliable summer driver that shows well. Acquired in September 2019 as a barely running and driving, cosmetically ugly project car. The previous owner had hell hole and battery tray professionally repaired (not pretty, but solid) and changed from factory FI to Weber single carb. Longs and suspension console are in excellent condition. I believe this was originally an Arizona car, so corrosion was minimal when I received it. This 914 starts, drives, and stops reliably. Bursch muffler. I've been driving this 914 in the summer months only for the past two years. Parked in indoor storage during winter. All factory FI components will be sold with the vehicle. More photos can be provided by request. Since my ownership the following has been done:

- Replaced rear floor pans due to moderate rust perforations in rear floor area
- Replaced drivers side jack point support due to minor rust around jack point
- Undercoated full floor pans with U-POL Raptor roll-on 2-part bed liner (tinted red)
- Full braking system service
- Removed transaxle and replaced speedo drive seal, selector rod seal, transmission input shaft seal
- Rebuilt shift rod assembly from firewall back (All gears shift up and down smoothly)
- Rebuilt pedal assembly
- Replaced pedal board
- JWest replacement fuse block
- New starter
- New alternator
- New battery fall 2022
- New ignition switch
- New fuel level sending unit
- New speedo drive cable
- Chemically stripped and sanded paint back to factory scarlet red and/or bare metal
- Repainted body factory scarlet red (L31M) single stage 2K paint system with cut and buff.
- Reinstalled rear window with new butyl cord
- New negative side stripe
- Backdated front and rear bumpers
- Retrimmed driver and passenger seats with 914 Rubber Bright-Red Tartan upholstery kit
- New 914 Rubber rear roll bar bolster pad
- New Seatbelt Planet drivers side seat belt
- New carpet kit
- New basketweave dash face
- New basketweave door cards with custom red leather pulls (original door pocket and handles provided)
- Covered cabin-side firewall with perlon-like carpet (original back-pad will be sold with vehicle)
- New 914 Rubber seals (trunk, frunk, inner door, targa side, targa front, side window to body, etc.)
- New 914 Rubber sail panel and targa vinyl

Other disclosures:
-Heater blower does not work
- Short crack in lower right corner of windshield (seems stable)
- small rust perforations in rear trunk pan (treated with POR-15)
- Dealer installed AC condensing unit (Patch panel and AC vents will be sold with vehicle)
- Odometer doesn’t work
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

SOLD in 2 days after listing on the samaba.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.