Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems with painting my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kilo123
hi

i am going to paint my 914 porsche yellow but dont know how much to get. ive heard that its a good idea to paint a white layer first then the yellow.

thx
jasons
You don't need to shoot a white coat but.... You want to shoot a light colored primer first for 2 reasons. Actually 3. First, a high build primer will fill in the minor imperfections. Second, the primer gives the paint something to bite into for good adhesion. Finally, the primer will give the pigment a "canvas" for uniform color. Regarding quantity, are you cutting in the trunks, engine compartment and door jambs? Or, are you just shooting the outside panels? Theres a big difference in quantity there.
MecGen
Hi Kilo

Welcome to the board smilie_pokal.gif

Any body work will start with your choice of materials.
Quality paints will have no problem covering, crap will.

Do you have a gun or is this rattle canned ?
Later

beerchug.gif
kilo123
hi

thanks for replying. i have a gallon of the yellow. i plan on painting the outside. like the hood, trunk, sides. ill leave the doors interior and the engine compartment to spray cans. i rolled on a layer of the rubber truck bed liner onto the interior and cabin, front and rear trunk so i dont have to paint the inside.
kilo123
i have a gun to paint.
jasons
A gallon is probably more than enough then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.