Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does your car run like crap.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
It has been sooo freakin hot here for the last three weeks that I haven't even considered driving my car. Today it has cooled a bit (101), so I decide to go out and fix my leaky speedo drive. I started the car and just backed it out of the garage and pulled it back in so I could get it up on jack stands. I replaced the o-ring on the speedo drive (really easy BTW) and started it back up and took it for a drive.

Ran like crap for the first five minutes then seemed to clear up.

Was I just burning off garbage created by the short start-up after a long sleep or is there a bigger issue I should be worried about?

Hey, it runs... dry.gif
brer
my 36hp beetle does that.
usually a little oil smoke along with it.

they both straighten up about the time i open the toolbox.
I think its afraid of me.
smg914
If you never let your Porsche sit for longer than 5 or 6 weeks, you shouldn't have any problems. That has been my theory for the last 32 years of 914 and 911 ownership and I've never had any problems. Even my 914-6 with two triple throat webers always starts right up and always runs perfectly. I've only put 21,000 miles on my 914-6 in 26 years, which is only a little over 800 miles a year and I've never had any problems. My '73 2 liter with fuel injection gets driven even less and it always starts, runs and idle's perfectly.

I don't know if it makes any difference but my cars are kept in an air conditioned garage.
bd1308
air conditioning in your garage???

you're lucky!

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.