Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Hello From Calgary
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
I'm here, a tad later than planned, but I'm here.

The clevis end was cracked on the clutch cable. Which allowed the pin to pull out of the hole and that's why no clutch. What do you think my chances of finding that part here if no one stocked a clutch cable? When I tryed to straighten it, it broke compleatly. My buddys daughter says she knows someone with a welder and off we went. The guy had a compleat welding shop at home. He tiged the piece back together, except he built the edge up and I couldn't get the cable all the way adjusted as before. So I had to readjust it underneath.

And off I went....... Roaring down the road...........I got as far as the outskirts of town and the car died. No power. Good thing the car died on a grade so I was able to let it roll back down the hill 1/2 a mile on the shoulder to the closest business to call my buddys son-in-law to come help. New battery from Walmart and off again.

Drove to Sicamous and got a room. Got up and drove to just East of Golden, BC where the car died again. Turns out the alternator got fryed in the fire also. The plastic insulator on the alternator melted. My car sure likes tow trucks....... wink.gif

Now as long as it dosen't rain any of the way home....................(wipers don't work) I'll be in Regina tomorrow.

beerchug.gif
McMark
Sounds exciting. At least you made it. clap.gif
messix
sorry to hear that your journey has has become such a ..... "adventure?".

well it makes a good story, and i guess you will know this car inside and out by the time you get home. maybe this adventure should be listed as a classic thread?
redshift
Oh my gawd..

ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif Dood!

M
GWN7
I'm getting gas last night and a guy in the next car asks if it's a project car....my answer was "yes, by the time I get home it will be finished" biggrin.gif

Smokeys safe...I'm almost into the flatlands now.....no cliffs to fall over.... wink.gif
redshift
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Aug 12 2005, 02:55 AM)
I'm getting gas last night and a guy in the next car asks if it's a project car....my answer was "yes, by the time I get home it will be finished" biggrin.gif

Smokeys safe...I'm almost into the flatlands now.....no cliffs to fall over.... wink.gif

How far to go?

M
GWN7
14 hrs....up here it's in kilometers.......so we just figure everything in hrs to go biggrin.gif
redshift
screwy.gif

Yeah, we do that too... but we say, "Be there in... 18 minutes."..

Obviously, you live too far away from everything.

M
messix
i figured about 700 miles.

sicamous is incredable. spent a week up there with some friends. two house boats two ski boats three jetskis and alot of boooze. great lake nice and remote locations on that "H" shaped lake. warm flat water. and i shouldn't be ruining by telling all of you.
mike_the_man
Bruce,

Give me a call when you get into Regina. I'm assuming you should be here sometime this evening (Friday). beerchug.gif
soloracer
Welcome to Calgary! If you need a place to crash my house is open to 914 visitors. Send me a PM and I'll give you directions. If you can stay until Tuesday we have our autocross scheduled for that night. We usually get a few 996 turbo's and GT3's to come out. It's a lot of fun.
Aaron Cox
what an adventure man.....!

smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.