914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
just found it on a german forum:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

the motocycle hit the VW with about 150 mph ohmy.gif
not suprizing that the motocycle driver (with a fresh driving license) as well as the VW driver and his passenger are dead sad.gif
the VW rolled over for about 10 m (about 30 ft)
after cleaning up everything this was shown at the Stockholm motocycle-show
ChrisFoley
A similar fatality occurred in my area some years ago. The cylclist was in the car driver's seat and the car driver was in the road. sad.gif
swl
damn. The scary part about that sort of accident is that there is absolutely nothing the driver of the vw could have done to protect himself. At 150 that bike was a bloody missile.

Teach your children well - the only place for speed is on the track.
rick 918-S
I'm sure you remeber seeing this one. It's now in my garage. 18yr old kid left the road at over 100 mph
type47
as an old chemistry teacher told me, "buy your child a motorcycle for his last birthday"....
maf914
QUOTE (swl @ Aug 12 2005, 03:56 AM)
damn. The scary part about that sort of accident is that there is absolutely nothing the driver of the vw could have done to protect himself. At 150 that bike was a bloody missile.

I wonder how the collision occurred. The typical situation is that a car fails to yield and pulls out in front of a motorcycle. How did the motorcycle, doing 150 mph, T-bone the VW?
ottox914
Not to be defending oblivious car drivers, but how did the VW driver even see the bike, if 150mph is correct?
mudfoot76
QUOTE (ottox914 @ Aug 12 2005, 07:59 AM)
Not to be defending oblivious car drivers

Oblivious or not, if the bike was going 150mph, that was a Darwin Award waiting to happen. There are some times where you are at the total mercy of others, any many of those instances the other is being completely reckless and stupid sad.gif
charlesmac
I've had cars pull out in front of me while driving my motorcycle at the speed limit. At 150? probably never saw him. This kind of stuff happens to idiots all the time. An 18 year old lost his life here a couple of weeks ago when he tried to drive on the back tire (yes wheelie) on a rough stretch of highway, the sudden impact with the guard rail after he came off the bike made it quick.
URY914
I was a witness to a bike/car wreck a few years ago. I'm at a stop light next to a bike. Light goes green and the bike pops a wheelie and is doing 80-90 mph in about 2 blocks. He was running hard, the wheel came off when he shifted each time. Car turns left in front of him and the bike stands on it's front wheel than hits the car and the rider flys over the car. I'm the first to get there and the driver of the car said he never saw the bike. Rider is OK, sort off. I leave my name with the cop as a witness. I must have been the only one to leave my name.

Few months later I get a call from a lawyer. Rider wants to sue the driver of the car. They want me to give a deposition. I show up and lawyers for both are there. After a few basic questions one of the lawyers asks for me to explain what I saw. I start off by saying, "I been thinking about this and I would say the rider is about 85% at fault." Than I go into detail. Seems the rider failed to tell his lawyer about popping the wheelie at the light or the speed he was going. huh.gif

I never heard from them again.... laugh.gif

Paul
JmuRiz
Being that the bike in this pic is only a 400cc (VFR400), there is NO WAY it was going 150, they top out around 125 wink.gif Looks like one of those 'set-up' crashes they create to show kids in Europe what can happen etc.
URY914:
It's hard for the driver of a car to see a bike's headlight coming toward it when it's pointed at the sky (wheelie). Stupid squids make it bad for all of us guys that like to ride, not stunt, on the streets
bd1308
agree.gif

i had one of those setup things at the high school.

they had the fire fighters and police come to the "scene" and even a herse...
Eddie Williams
We had a simmilar thing happen here at work. 21 year old soldier, T-boned a pickup at 120+. Threw the driver of the truck (she wasn't wearing her belt) out throught the passenger side window. She sustained neck and back injuries, he... well you know the rest of the story.
DBCooper
When I was 17 an older lady turned in front of me. I was only going 35 mph and hit her just behind her front wheel, went through her windshield and into her front seat with her. She was pretty surprised.

That's sure not 150 mph but it still messed me up pretty good. Needless to say my children don't have motorcycles.
Cap'n Krusty
Lots of stuff like this at www.ehowa.com. Warning, some content may be disturbing, but who am I to say ....... Something for you pet lovers:

http://www.ehowa.com/features/nigerianthuglife.shtml

Enjoy! The Cap'n
ClayPerrine
I just saw one about a week ago... Older guy riding a customized chopper. In this case it wasn't the motorcyclist's fault.

He was headed twoard me at the speed limit or maybe above approaching an intersection. He had the green light. Unfortunately the bimbo in the H2 was on the phone and ran the light right in front of him. He never had a chance to stop. He caved in the left rear door on the H2. He was not wearing a helmet.

A cop in a squad car was behind him by about 150 yards when it happened.

The woman in the H2 drove home. He left in the coronor's wagon. sad.gif
ClayPerrine
Additional thought on SUV vs Motorcycle...

"When you share the trail with an Elephant, and the Elephant slips, you will get trampled."

Cap'n Krusty
Say what you like about laws in CA, but she'd soon be on a multi-year free room and board program here, and she wouldn't have driven home after the accident. The Cap'n
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 12 2005, 02:20 PM)
Say what you like about laws in CA, but she'd soon be on a multi-year free room and board program here, and she wouldn't have driven home after the accident. The Cap'n

She will be going to court here too. But she drove home for now.

I asked the cop why he let her go. He said that the only law she broke was running a red light. She got a ticket for that. But he said when the facts hit the DA's desk, he will charge her with vehicular homicide, and an arrest warrant will be issued.
bondo
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 12 2005, 01:12 PM)
Lots of stuff like this at www.ehowa.com. Warning, some content may be disturbing, but who am I to say ....... Something for you pet lovers:

http://www.ehowa.com/features/nigerianthuglife.shtml

Enjoy! The Cap'n

Hey, that's the guy that wanted to buy my car so bad! smile.gif
Mark Henry
We had quite the asshole here...He spent the day drinking at the Legion, got on his bike and did a wheelie out of town. A ways down the road he hit a car, at high speed, driven by a 19yr old girl. He was in the wrong lane, on a corner and hit her on the passenger side. She was relatively unhurt but trapped in the car with the guy’s head (and helmet) sitting in the passengers seat. The cops, etc couldn't get her to stop screaming.

This happened almost 20yrs ago...still freaks me out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.