Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dimensions for front triangle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Flyinlow
Hi , was hoping someone could give me a picture and possibly dimensions for the front triangles inside front fenders at front of rockers, mine super bastardized by P.O. Thanks Dennis
Ishley
You can order a new one from Restoration Design near Toronto.
914werke
Nope. At least if I understand what you are describing.
The R&L triangle sections in the frunk attached to the front cross wall on the 73-74 cars ... are not currently being reproduced.
I wish they were. smile.gif
Ishley
Perhaps I didn’t understand what you are looking for. I thought you were looking for the ones in the front trunk area.

What year is the car?
914werke
These are re-manufactured & exist on all cars

Click to view attachment

What I was referring to are the "bows" that are still triangle shaped & help to reinforce the front crosswall.

Click to view attachment

@peteyd
Flyinlow
I was referring to the ones at the front of rockers inside wheel well that I believe are larger than the ones on threshold…. Will fabricate what I need with pic or dimensions
peteyd
Sounds like he needs the front sill triangle. No one reproduces that piece yet.

Pete
friethmiller
I just went out to my car and grabbed the part for you. Here's a pic of what I have left of it sad.gif . Yes, this car has A/C, so ignore the hole(s). The second pic is my "back of the napkin" sketch with some rough'd in dimensions I took directly from the part. I'm not much of a draftsman! The third shows the inside bend and how the outer edge width increases as it moves up the part. I've fabricated these in the past without too much difficulty. I mainly used a vise, if I remember correctly. Your mileage may vary but this should get you close. Good luck!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Flyinlow
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Mar 28 2023, 08:11 AM) *

I just went out to my car and grabbed the part for you. Here's a pic of what I have left of it sad.gif . Yes, this car has A/C, so ignore the hole(s). The second pic is my "back of the napkin" sketch with some rough'd in dimensions I took directly from the part. I'm not much of a draftsman! The third shows the inside bend and how the outer edge width increases as it moves up the part. I've fabricated these in the past without too much difficulty. I mainly used a vise, if I remember correctly. Your mileage may vary but this should get you close. Good luck!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

This will help… thanks so much
914werke
How many do you need?
SirAndy
QUOTE(914werke @ Mar 29 2023, 07:37 AM) *

How many do you need?

biggrin.gif
friethmiller
Funny! You can see why I have to go all the way to bare metal with this BB LE car. Just look at this part! Most of the car is like this. Rust is like a web under all of the original black paint. It typically comes right off with Ospho (or the like). Places where it's bad, you almost can get the paint out of the rust without sandblasting or direct metal replacement. No worries. This will be the one I drive when I hit retirement in a few years. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.