Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Umbrella Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Lawrence
From Perry:

Thanks for the interest! Yes, I do make the "Umbrella Cover" for 914's and 911 Targa. It is $110 shipped to continental US addresses. It's a great assessory for your 914, and solves two major 914 issues, leaking and sunlight. You can place an order by calling 800-867-4712, or PayPal to this address. Please be sure to include a UPS'able address or correct Postal address.

The covers are in stock and will ship as soon as payment is secured. Please let me know if I can help with any other Porsche parts needs. I have most everything you'll need for a six conversion in stock, as well as factory parts. Thanks for the interest, and please feel free to contact me,

Perry Kiehl
914 Network
a914man@netease.net
Air_Cooled_Nut
What the heck is it? Got a picture of it in action?
mikerose
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
IronHillRestorations
Just got a new batch ready to go for summer! Price is still $110 shipped to you (continental US, e-mail me for out of country shipping).

One of the best things you can get for your 914! Keeps the cockpit cool and dry. Cheaper than a new set of weather seals. 100's of satisfied 914'ers.

Perry Kiehl
a914man@netease.net
914 Network

Call my main business to order - 800-867-4712
ewdysar
What's the material used? And how well do they stay on in windy conditions?

Thanks,
Eric
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(ewdysar @ Dec 1 2004, 06:28 PM)
What's the material used? And how well do they stay on in windy conditions?

Thanks,
Eric

The material is a polyester coated fabric, and is used for marine tops, so it's waterproof.

I've got several covers in west Texas where the wind blows almost constantly. The cover attaches to the car with sewn in bungee cords and plastic hooks. As shown in the pictures in this thread.
mikerose
I love the Rain mad.gif I sure am glad biggrin.gif I have my Umbrella Cover boldblue.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(mikerose @ Dec 8 2004, 01:01 PM)
I love the Rain mad.gif I sure am glad biggrin.gif I have my Umbrella Cover boldblue.gif

Thanks for the endorsement Mike! biggrin.gif

FYI? I like to lift the wiper arms before putting on the cover, it gives it a little extra hold in front.

PK
mikerose
QUOTE(9146986 @ Dec 8 2004, 08:06 PM)

FYI? I like to lift the wiper arms before putting on the cover, it gives it a little extra hold in front.

PK

No need to it has never moved biggrin.gif
ewdysar
PK, Is your avatar flipped or are your wipers parked on the passenger side? (or is it a RHD?)

Eric
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(ewdysar @ Dec 9 2004, 04:19 PM)
PK, Is your avatar flipped or are your wipers parked on the passenger side? (or is it a RHD?)

Eric

No, I installed the rack 180 degrees from correct position, so I just had them park on the right side. Too much of a PITA to change that thing.
Mueller
Just got my cover, excellent quality....time to move the 914 out to the front yard and bring the 911 back into the garage where it belongs , hahahaha
Rusty
icon_bump.gif Updated address on the first post.
mudfoot76
Are these still available?
STL914
I saw Perry last December and if memory serves me, he still makes and sells them. Send him an e-mail:

Perry Kiehl
914 Network
a914man@netease.net
jim_hoyland
Sent PM : no response....
Gint
I think Perry may be one of those guys that doesn't visit the board but once every few days at best. Try sending him an email instead Jim. He's a pretty good guy and I don't think he's ognoring you.

That's why I prefer emails to PMs myself.
IronHillRestorations
Price has gone up a little to $115. Still one of the best investments you can make for your 914! boldblue.gif
STL914
$115.00? Good Lord, that's a lot of money!

Just kidding. av-943.gif

I bought one from Perry several years ago and it is THE best accessory I bought for my car. In fact, it outlasted my 74 and has moved on to my "new" 72.
JmuRiz
Another happy customer here, much easier to use this when going somewhere with the threat of rain. I love mine, have had it over a year.
Bill Smith
are you still making these? could you email me?
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif for Perry. These are great! Kept the racecar nice and dry.

IronHillRestorations
Thanks Garold! Nice looking 914 racer.

Sorry if I've been out of touch, or hard to reach. We've got some family members that aren't doing well, and since I'm self employed, I'm way behind.
budman5201
Hey wouldnt these work great to keep the ARIZONA 105 degree heat/SUN out too when u park it, who needs rain???
turboturtle
I feel very lucky to have been gifted Five plus years ago with one of your Umbrella's. My Ex GF ordered one for her 74' LE and my 73' 2.0 S. It is starting to get a little stiff, but it has seen more than it's fare share of the elements.
Mine has never blown off or even had a corner come loose.
The quality and construction are second to none.

I can give you my word that this Umbrella has been the single best investment for my car. I thank Laurie for that!

I can and will happily order a new one as my car comes closer to being back on the road. If I don't need it yet I'll put it back until I do.

My personal thanks for thinking of us and filling a much needed void. My hats off to you Perry. I feel forever indebted to you.

Cevan
I bought one last year and I use it everyday at work. Great product. Keeps the UVs from destroying my interior and keeps it cool inside even in the middle of the summer. Takes about 30 seconds to install or remove.
jim_hoyland
I've been using mine for 2 1/2 years too ! A great investment, even for hot weather, you can roll the windows down with the cover on. These covers are very well made and will probably outlast the car ...smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
I've got 11 Umbrella Covers at the old price of $115, material, labor, and shipping have all gone up, so the next run will be $125. DON'T WAIT!

The $115 price includes shipping to the continental US via USPS, out of country shipments cost more, PM me for a shipping quote.

PayPal me at: payment@qsnap.com or call my main business Q Snap to order with Visa or MC.

PM me with any questions.

UPDATE - 10 available
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(budman5201 @ May 4 2009, 08:47 PM) *

Hey wouldnt these work great to keep the ARIZONA 105 degree heat/SUN out too when u park it, who needs rain???

It really does help that too. It's the secondary reason for the cover.
Cevan
Here is mine being used today. Keeps the interior at least 20 degrees cooler than it would be with out it.

Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
Your 914 looks very nice Chris! smilie_pokal.gif
pjhaun
QUOTE(9146986 @ Aug 25 2009, 02:16 PM) *

Your 914 looks very nice Chris! smilie_pokal.gif

kenshapiro2002
Yeah, but doesn't it make it hard to see while driving there?

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 22 2006, 12:22 PM) *

Another happy customer here, much easier to use this when going somewhere with the threat of rain. I love mine, have had it over a year.

bandjoey
Talk of the unbrella at MUSR last week pointed me to the info here. Several of the big motor bunch commented they would get one if it had a 'flap' on the back to cover the engine lid??? Possibility? Thanks Bill
IronHillRestorations
Stock of material is limited, as the material I've been using is getting discontinued and hard to get.

The only color I've been able to get is WHITE.

As of Oct 10, I have nine (9) covers available on a first come, first served basis.
IronHillRestorations
Eleven covers in stock today. The last batch sold out in less than two weeks!

I don't know how much longer the white material will be available, but it's the same type as gray in the pictures, the gray is NLA.

DON'T WAIT!
shoguneagle
Perry,

Sent you an email.

The Umbrella definitely works and is a necessary need for the 914 owner. Great for sunny as well as rainy weather.

ALSO, WORK GREAT FOR CARS ON JACK STANDS! LOL!

Thanks,
Steve Hurt
IronHillRestorations
Three gone. Don't wait this will be the last batch this year. The guy doing the sewing is having back surgery, so if you need a cover get it soooooon!!!
hot_shoe914
current price with shipping to a non Tennessee address plz.
porbmw
Hi Perry

Bought one of these about 2 years ago for myself.
Works great!
I now need one for my daughter's car....alright...SHE needs one...Dad is on the hook.
Can you let me know if you have any more, and cost with shipping to 98230
Thanks
DanT
PM sent smile.gif
mrbubblehead
do you have any covers available? i would like purchase one.
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Jan 29 2011, 07:01 PM) *

do you have any covers available? i would like purchase one.

payment sent.

thanks perry.
mrbubblehead
i got the cover yesterday perry, and i have to say i am very impressed. it fits perfectly. thank you.
IronHillRestorations
A couple more pics
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
I got lucky and was able to get a partial roll of the gray material, which is now NLA. I've got only 3 gray covers on hand.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jun 15 2011, 05:11 AM) *

I got lucky and was able to get a partial roll of the gray material, which is now NLA. I've got only 3 gray covers on hand.

PM Sent on umbrella cover.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jun 15 2011, 04:11 AM) *

PM sent also.
wingnut86
PM Sent....
KennyK
Any covers left? would like one
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.