Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 914 2.OL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Zaffer
Seeing what interest there is for my 1975 2.0L roller project. I’ve owned the car for the last 25 or so years and it’s been in storage for the last 19. The RR portion of the passenger longitudinal has some rust, the LF inner fender (between the fender and bumper, and the bottom side of the passenger sail panel. The hell hole, rear trunk, and firewall are all solid! Minor surface rust under the pedal cluster, and rear jack points, but otherwise the chassis is in good shape.

Have a 2.OL long block. 2.0L bare short block, and 1.8L long block. Have a bunch of other parts for the car: factory 2.0L FI, new fuel tank, rear calipers rebuilt by PMB (still in the box), stainless steel fuel lines, factory 2.0L factory FI, rebuilt trailing arms (including new wheel bearings, five original Fuchs wheels, and much more including the chrome trim. I have everything to put the car back together and make road worthy.

I’ve come to realize that while I love the car, realistically I may never get it back on the road, so I’d rather it go to someone who will. Drivetrain and pedal assembly currently removed. Car is currently at my shop in Ruckersville, VA.

Looking to get $4,500 or best offer and will provide more pictures if desired.
Zaffer
Passenger side
RacingDreamz
PM sent.
Zaffer
Link to the Facebook post with more pictures of the rust.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/7...da-705fc1afed08
Zaffer
Reduced the price to $4,500 obo.
rick 918-S
Some of us don't have Facebook. Post photos here.
Zaffer
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 28 2023, 07:51 AM) *

Some of us don't have Facebook. Post photos here.

What’s the best way to downsize pictures on an iPhone?
Zaffer
Finally figured out how to downsize my pictures for the site. If you have any questions, please ask and if there any areas of the car you want pictures of, please ask and I’ll post them.

Thank you!
Zaffer
Below images are driver’s floor (surface rust), interior, front trunk, fuel tank area, left and right headlight buckets, rear trunk, hell hole, and battery tray.
Zaffer
After some "soul" searching and time to think about it (BAD IDEA!), I have decided to take the car off of the market. After looking the car over to take pictures of it for the ad, I have decided that the car really is worth my time (i.e. money).

Thanks!
tjgalvin
QUOTE(Zaffer @ May 16 2023, 08:43 AM) *

After some "soul" searching and time to think about it (BAD IDEA!), I have decided to take the car off of the market. After looking the car over to take pictures of it for the ad, I have decided that the car really is worth my time (i.e. money).

Thanks!

You are doing the right thing. While money is important, these cars are highly practical and unique. You will be able to sell it if you don't want to drive it. But it needs to be driven.

914rrr
QUOTE(tjgalvin @ May 16 2023, 10:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Zaffer @ May 16 2023, 08:43 AM) *

Thanks!

You are doing the right thing. While money is important, these cars are highly practical and unique. You will be able to sell it if you don't want to drive it. But it needs to be driven.

Amen! Berber Yellow is one of my favorite 914 colors after Ravenna Green and Phoenix Red. I had a 75 1.8 in Berber Yellow w/ White interior. Still regret selling that one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.