Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Met another 914 owner yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
My route home from work includes driving past a house that always has two covered cars parked in the driveway. After a few times driving past these cars I realized that they were definitely 914s.

Yesterday I was on my way home from work when in front of the house I saw what a really nice looking black 74 914 and the garage door was open. I made a loop around the block came back and said hello. He's owned the car for 20 years and says he doesn't drive it a whole lot. Its a 2.0 with Webers, and black painted steel wheels. The other car is a parts car.

So I told him about the West Coast Classic and mentioned that he should come by the 914club site and check it out. Mentioning the WCC seems to be a good way to get people interested.

Maybe I should print out some cards to hand to people in the future.

-Tony
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
bondo
What about the one on the trailer attached to the beater stationwagon on Artesia? smile.gif
TonyAKAVW
What about the one on the trailer attached to the beater stationwagon on Artesia?  

hehe. I think I'd better take a picture of that and put it on this thread.

In short, there's a 914 under a cover sitting on a trailer connected to a really old and beat up '80s station wagon. The wagon is missing lenses and the hood is held down with chains, etc. I can only guess about the condition of the 914... Its been sitting there for months and months. They seem to move it around once in a while to avoid tickets, but its always within half a block of where it was.

-Tony
Allan
There is a kid in town here who has a pretty nice /6 conversion that he bought from his uncle for $2000.00

His uncle owns an auto shop here in town who I deal with occasionally. I gave him the info as well and encouraged him to stop in and take a look..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.