Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
My new engine is ready, going into the car tomorrow, then off to the dyno. PMB 2258
BeatNavy
Nice! aktion035.gif That's going to be a hoot.

You got all spring and summer to enjoy it beer.gif
NARP74
Perfect timing. I am sure it seemed like a long time, but it sounds like lots of research and testing went into this. The next ones won't take so long.
nditiz1
PMB units in full swing now, keep em coming.
Geezer914
Nice motor, best of luck with it.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Mar 28 2023, 03:00 PM) *

My new engine is ready, going into the car tomorrow, then off to the dyno. PMB 2258

I got to touch it laugh.gif
BillJ
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 28 2023, 06:49 PM) *

Ewwwww
r_towle
Very cool.
Let’s see the dyno number smile.gif

I’m optimistic, Eric knows what he is doing.
jim_hoyland
Cool, cool, cool ! Very nice !
sixnotfour
I saw it Also...Nice Package... for a type 4... Just what the 914 community needs...
VaccaRabite
Yours looks slightly different then mine. I'm expecting mine by Friday, and hope to have it installed this weekend.

What are you planning to do for oil cooling?

Zach
nditiz1
Does anyone care to share the cost of one of these niceties? And is there a core charge? Do they use your old motor to build it?
Craigers17
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Mar 28 2023, 06:51 PM) *

Does anyone care to share the cost of one of these niceties? And is there a core charge? Do they use your old motor to build it?

Here's a link to their engine program pricing. Who knows if this includes the fuel injection system.

https://www.pmbmotorwerks.com/engine_programs.html
sixnotfour
Call Em..
JmuRiz
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 28 2023, 02:49 PM) *

Sorry had to post what came to mind.

Curious on the dyno numbers, since my brother won’t likely get around to his. I think his should be done in a week or so.
That reminds me, I need to touch base on my 2.8/6 being built in MD
StratPlayer
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 28 2023, 06:42 PM) *

Yours looks slightly different then mine. I'm expecting mine by Friday, and hope to have it installed this weekend.

Zach

zach I have a front cooler mounted . Been on the car for 15 years

Montreal914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Mar 28 2023, 07:04 PM) *

Zach

What type of oil takeoff will you have on the engine to route to the front cooler? Oil filter donut, full flow pump cover, other?

Would you share a description of your oil network, especially since you have a front cooler? popcorn[1].gif

Thank you! beerchug.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Mar 28 2023, 04:19 PM) *

PMB units in full swing now, keep em coming.

the market is hot for this engine, and with PMB behind it I bet it's an instant success
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Mar 28 2023, 09:31 PM) *

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Mar 28 2023, 06:51 PM) *

Here's a link to their engine program pricing. Who knows if this includes the fuel injection system.

https://www.pmbmotorwerks.com/engine_programs.html

This engine is not yet on PMBs website. Eric calls it the 2.3i, and the injection is included. A core engine is required. Right now its been word of mouth selling these engines, which is good as there was development that needed to happen. I suspect you will be seeing the 2.3i showing up on his website soon.

Zach
Graydingo
Very cool! A 2.3 with modern injection and lots of torque will be a fantastic motor.
76-914
Congratulations Jim. I know you being patiently waiting for some time. I know you'll enjoy it. Can't wait to see it. beerchug.gif
brant
So awesome Jim!!!!
StratPlayer
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Mar 28 2023, 09:28 PM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Mar 28 2023, 07:04 PM) *

Zach

What type of oil takeoff will you have on the engine to route to the front cooler? Oil filter donut, full flow pump cover, other?

Would you share a description of your oil network, especially since you have a front cooler? popcorn[1].gif

Thank you! beerchug.gif

I have a sandwich plate installed, SS lines going from the sandwich plate to a mocal oil thermostat mounted behind the rear of the rocker panel pass. side, SS lines going from the thermostat to the cooler up front. I wanted the thermostat mounted close to the engine.
JamesM
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 29 2023, 03:22 AM) *

Eric calls it the 2.3i, and the injection is included.

I think its the only way to safely sell an engine these days given how issues with original injection or carbs going out of tune can so quickly toast a motor, especially a high performance one.

Closed loop programable injection with all new parts, best case scenario.

StratPlayer
Engine is in the car, cam is broke in, now it's time to break in this bad ass motor. New thermostatic sandwich plate with sensor ports for oil temp.
StratPlayer
Video of motor being fired up for the first time,

https://youtu.be/x0yVAl9rIpk
930cabman
Sounds nasty, thanks for sharing aktion035.gif

Cam specs?
StratPlayer
Pic of the new engine when the lights are turned on..
NARP74
Let the good times roll!
Montreal914
Very smooth running. Congrats!
StratPlayer
Brought the car home today from PMB, engines runs like a champ. Breaking it in from red light to red light. Great engine, very happy with it so far. Get some miles on it so it can go to the dyno.
rfinegan
Wow, sound great, enjoy and congratulations

TJB/914
Congratulations driving.gif
Beautiful Engine Build pray.gif

Tom
StratPlayer
This is the engine porsche should have put in these cars from the start.
FL000
Glad to see you back on the road. Engine and car looks great!
StratPlayer
Well I've got almost 100 miles on this new engine and I must say it kicks ass. Great engine and upgrade for my car.
930cabman
Let the good times roll, enjoy safely cheer.gif cheer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.