Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC-OT, What else is new, it's from ME
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
I seem to remember that one of our long time 914 guys is a ebay watch dealer......need to contact him regarding Gold and Steel Submariner Rolexes.......

Please contact me via 356@cox.net direct.
Mike's2nd914
Info on Watches

Check out this link. It goes to Pistolsmith.com which has an entire forum on horology (sp?).
TimT
Ive bid on a few submariners on ebay.... lost every one...
ChrisReale
Well, Mike, I am a watchmaking student, in a school sponsored by Rolex...... cool_shades.gif Let me know if I can assist you
Joe Bob
Well, I'm tired of rebuilding my Seiko Sport Dive watch. I've had it for 13 years and I keep crushing the surrounds on the stop watch and alarm function......

I gets tons of complaiments on it and I like the look. But like my classic cars, the classic looks of the gold a s/s submariner knocks my socks off. The wife said she would get me one for a belated birthday present, but I don't want to buy new......so if ya have a line on one let me know.

The Rolex does not have an alarm or stop watch, but who cares, it a Rolex.....kind of like my Porsche's.....the 914 and 356 don't have radios and are rusty....but they are a Porsche..... mueba.gif pray.gif
ChrisReale
Try the sales corner at www.timezone.com
Also, www.thepurists.com

Your Seiko Diver watch is quartz, and because it has a battery regulating the time keeping, it is very accurate. The Sub is an automatic, and everything from the ambient temperature, to the position it is on your wrist will effect the rate of time keeping. In other words, dont freak out if it gains or looses time. Rolex watches hold their value well, so you might not see that much of a difference in price between a new piece and one that is a few years old, with the usual exceptions on case condition, the last time it was serviced, etc... Oh yea, every five or so years, plan on spending about $250 or more to get it cleaned and lubricated, as well as the gaskets replaced. Only take it to a Rolex Authorized service center (i.e., Ben Bridge) because Rolex is VERY ANAL about who they sell genuine parts to. In other words, Joe Watchmaker cannot get OEM case seals, or parts, and once your watch gets a generic crown or other part, the value drops fast

There is also a Rolex forum on Timezone, and there are many people there who know dealers that are good to deal with, as well as those to stay away from
rhodyguy
chris, do you attend classes at north seattle com col. seem to remember they had a program when i went there.

kevin
ChrisReale
Yup. Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm blink.gif Graduate this August 20th
fuch toy
Thanks for the input.
Mueller
I'd think there would be someone here on the list that could get you a nice Faux Rolex smile.gif

Nice watches are overpriced IMHO...........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.