Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Door parts for a 1973
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
fiacra
Well, finally getting my car fixed after a theft attempt in July of last year. There's a link to a video of the theft attempt below for your amusement. The driver's side door got folded back, the door handle got broken, and the steering column was trashed. I've managed to round up a replacement door that the body shop says they can work with, and I've obtained another steering column, but the body shop wants me to bring them a new handle and lock as well as all new rubber and a new door panel. Thought I would just buy the 914Rubber "late door kit" but it is out of stock. Not sure if anyone has one they want to part with, but I thought it worth asking. In addition I'll need a new driver's side door handle and lock cylinder. The door stay arm got broken, but it looks like 914rubber has that in stock. I've never rebuilt a door before so I'm sure there are things I'm not thinking of so feel free to make suggestions. Let me know what you have and what you need for it. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e6n0cuofre340z/L..._cache.MP4?dl=0
markhoward
Hey Broheen, I have an outer door handle and lock. Yours if you need it.
jsayre914
That Video made me feel sick.

Sorry that happened
sad.gif
partwerks
PM sent for door panel.
fiacra
QUOTE(markhoward @ Mar 31 2023, 10:57 PM) *

@markhoward Yes!!! Thank you. I have something I can give you in trade if you want.

Thanks!
fiacra
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Apr 1 2023, 08:39 AM) *

That Video made me feel sick.

Sorry that happened
sad.gif

@jsayre914 Thanks. It does suck, and it has taken me 8 months to finally realize I'm going to lose the fight with my insurance company and just have to come out of pocket to get this fixed right. On the plus side a lot of people have been very helpful and I'm in a position that I can get this fixed. It may seem odd but the theft attempt is so pathetic that I actually find it funny to watch.
markhoward
QUOTE(fiacra @ Apr 1 2023, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(markhoward @ Mar 31 2023, 10:57 PM) *

@markhoward Yes!!! Thank you. I have something I can give you in trade if you want.

Thanks!

No need to swap for anything. Glad to help. It will be a couple weeks until I can grab it so hope time is not of the essence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.