Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rust Free Nepal Orange 1975 Project in SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
gnomefabtech
SOLD. Thanks

It's with a heavy heart that I am listing this guy but I have a 73 that is my main focus so I just don't have time to get this one going. The car is in SoCal and I have non-op title in my name.

Click to view attachment

Really rust free desert car that sat in a car port for about 10 years by my guess. When I say "rust free" I mean it. Perfect hell holes, longs and all that are totally solid. A tiny bit of surface rust in a couple spots, but save for a tiny hole in the battery box there is NO rust-through anywhere. And I looked. I have 60 pics of the car on a lift and can take requests too.

Engine has what looks like a dropped valve seat on #3 but cranks freely and has compression on the other 3 holes. Missing the throttle body but the rest of the F.I. looks like it's there. Early 2.0 exhaust is surface rusty but not holy. Trans shifts into all gears and clutch feels good.

Comes with 5 Gas Burners in great shape. They look to be former L.E. wheels by the orange paint under the silver. "New" old tires lol. Brakes work and don't leak. Parking brake too. Front wheel bearings feel a tad loose but rears feel great. Shocks are terrible but it came with a set of also worn out Konis in the trunk so there's that.

I put a battery in it and the basic electrical works like lights and gauges. Starter cranks engine. I have the ignition key and a door key. outer door handles both need the plastic thingies replaced.

Body is rust free but there are lots of small dents and stuff. The doors both look like they were overextended and poorly repaired but the rest of the car in filler free and I really looked. Front right fender was repainted but there is no filler anywhere on it. Definitely never had a crash or any serious body work. Came to me with no front bumper but I sourced one and it's installed. Roof latches on fine. The rubber overall is desert dehydrated but all doors and lids work.

The car is totally stock and original other then the backdated exhaust and maybe seat covers. Looks like it was pretty decent before the valve seat let go and then it sat. Odo reads 38k miles.

I'm going to post a good set of pictures here but I have many more and can show the car on a lift at my shop in Carson Ca..

Because of the cool color and rust free body this is a really great jumping off point for a high quality restoration. Or just fix the motor and have a patina party.
gnomefabtech
Bump with lower price.
gnomefabtech
SOLD. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.