Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold- FS/Feeler: '71 Irish Green (1911cc) L60E
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jaredmcginness
Fortunately/ unfortunately the car has been sold for asking to great new owner in MD.

Located 21227 MD, USA

I have imgur albums prepared and can send hundreds of photos to review before you see it in person.

Please note: The paint is not great on this car. It has several touch up spots and dings. If you're looking for an excellent concours finished 914 to fulfill your dreams or relive old memories this isn't the car for you.
This IS a great step for someone looking to get into the aircooled Porsche world with hundreds of hours invested into the metal work already done.

Hi guys,

I've had this car for 4 years.
It was pulled from a line of cars awaiting the crusher and brought back on the road, right where it belongs.
(I left the orange mark on the windshield - signifying that this vehicle was deemed to be smushed)

I need to make some space on the property and have other projects that need my time more.

A ton of welding work and reinforcement has been done to this car. A TON.

This is a running driving 914.

Good:

-Fresh 1911cc
-$10K in recent receipts.
-Over $2500 of new metal welded in
-Brand new weber IDF 40's
-5 Lug swap
-14" fuchs (dated '69 and '70, iirc), new tires
-Tons of new stuff, calipers, lines.
-New floors, new hell hole, new rockers, new tail panel.
-Mad Dog Rocker stiffening kit welded on.
-Nice interior, fair seats, good dash,
-new carpet, new sound deadening.
-Lighting and fogs work.
-OMP wheel and vintage Personal shift knob.
-Stainless steel fuel lines done when floors were out.
-New sail vinyl.
-New headliner.
-Lots of new rubber from 914rubber.
-Gauge panel in place of radio. (volt, oil temp, oil pressure)
-Clean MD title in my name
-Early chrome bumpers in place
-Exhaust included is the quad outlet in the third photo.
-I have a ton of extra parts, door cards, armrests, lights, trim. etc. several bins worth.

Coco Mats are not included.

Not so good:

-Paint is not great - it's a 20 footer... Several similar shades of green. The OE paint is covered in many areas and needs resprayed. OR drive it as is.
-Needs body work
-General loose ends that I haven't looked into.
-I.E. horn doesn't work, wipers don't work, oil temp gauge stopped.
-No heat hooked up (DOES have good heater tubes installed, just needs a fan and plumbing)
-Transmission is an early tail shift and generally pretty vague.
-Trunk is white and wrapped Irish green.
-Would benefit from some new glass.
-Has a misfire sometimes when cruising, I will try and cure that this week

Will throw in a large plastic tub of extra parts (lights, arm rest, trims, back ups etc) Additionally I have the late Backpad. (currently just has GT style carpeted wall)
I also have the original 70/71 passenger seat and backpad if desired.

All in all this is a 50 year old car that was rusty and saved from the crusher. It just needs someone to focus on it and tie up the loose ends, make it into the car you want!

Motor was just tuned at Translog, its not a perfect car, but runs, drives, cruises on the highway just fine at 70mph. Would be great for someone wanting to get into the classic Aircooled Porsche world.

Car as is: $12,500 cash.

I'd be willing to work out a partial trade for a running 912 engine.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
hockeymutt
This is super tempting, and essentially exactly what I was looking for.
Cairo94507
I am sorry to see you considering selling this after you did so much to get it to this level. GLWTS - Someone is going to get a nice car. beerchug.gif
jaredmcginness
Bump. Still have this somehow. 12K for Teeners. Insane deal for the time, effort and money invested - if you are looking to step into 914!

I will help load it up for shipping if interested.

PM if interested. Cant let it go any cheaper than this.
nditiz1
I wish I had the money and a wife that would allow it. Great deal for a local car.
914rrr
Congrats on the sale!

BTW, is that a rubber windshield seal? If so, who did it for you? I've owned over 30 914's and have only seen one besides yours with the seal done this way. I always thought it was a great solution!
jaredmcginness
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 9 2023, 02:36 AM) *

Congrats on the sale!

BTW, is that a rubber windshield seal? If so, who did it for you? I've owned over 30 914's and have only seen one besides yours with the seal done this way. I always thought it was a great solution!

Thank you! The rubber alternative seal is from 914Rubber for $26. I had installed it myself.

Search "Rubber Replacement Windshield"
Nice more modern look, I always liked it!

Jared
Mikey914
Thanks for the props and congrats on your sale. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.