2) strong battery box and longitudinals
3) 5 bolt wheels
4) SC front brakes
5) 914-6 rear calipers
6) bolt in cage
7) Good paint with GT style flares
8) Matched Konig seats

The Bad:

Car had a 2.4 drysump 4 that the current owner removed and put in his other 914. Now the car has no motor. headbang.gif

I think I would prefer a nice type iv - anywhere from 2.0-2.4 liters.

Who/where are the shops/people that build "quality" motors. Not looking for a grenade here. Ideally would want b/w 120-140 hp. IT would be for a car that would be driven to/from Driver's ed events and autocrosses.

Also, any quide on prices would be nice. The last type iv I had built was almost 10 years ago. A great 2056!

I know there are elements out there that would say "6" it. I think the money is too much for a 6 conversion. Plus I like the torque of a "big" four

Located in the east, if that tilts any suggestions...
type47
contact jake raby at aircooledtechnology.com for what you are asking for........
seanery
agree.gif
Hammy
Mr. Raby. agree.gif
anthony
You don't just "find" a motor at Jakes. You order one, pay twice the cost of the typical 914-4, and then wait a year. He does have great kits that you could start building yourself in short order.

The ideal 120-140hp engine previously requested would have to be a pretty potent 2056 or probably a 2270 to get to >140hp. It's not cheap any way you get there.

r_towle
Where are you located?

Rich
firstknight13
i would be willing to part with my 2.0 snice i am doing a subby conversion. it has dual webbers and i have lots of $$$$$ into it . very strong and still in the car till i have all the parts 860- 428- 2725 ray wink.gif
Jake Raby
I'll create anything you need. If I don't have an engine similar to it in my database, I'll design it.

But it will take 9-11 months and won't be cheap because it has 80 hours of my life dedicated to its birth.

My engine kits are both cheaper and faster ways to get a RAT inspired engine. The kits are based on the best combinations I found over the years for temperatures, power output, power band and ease of assembly. Since we do all the machining and balancing a 15 year old can assemble it with my video and directives. (has been done before)
Hammy
hijacked.gif
Mr. Raby... about how long does it take from the time a kit is ordered, to the time of delivery? (Planning on getting your 2056 kit very soon!) Also, with the 2056 kit, which category would it fall into under your 914 "Engine options" ie: 2056cc stock+, 2056cc daily driver, etc. ? Or does that not apply to the kits, only to how it's built? wacko.gif

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.