Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vent control
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gordon914
My vent control looks like crap and will look worse after restoration finished. Does anyone refinish/resurface them?
friethmiller
QUOTE(Gordon914 @ Apr 6 2023, 12:07 AM) *

My vent control looks like crap and will look worse after restoration finished. Does anyone refinish/resurface them?

Need a pic for how crappy it looks biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
My red knob looks terrible, black ones probably do to.....but their black anyway.
JamesJ
The red & black knobs can be purchased new, although you may be surprised how nicely dirty ones clean up.
Or are you referring to the heater control faceplate? A couple of years ago I had asked Carbone if they would restore the faceplate and they quoted me between 350-400€ excluding VAT.
raynekat
I hit mine mine with some satin black paint and found some acrylic paint at a craft store that closely match the blue and cream colors.
Hand painted them in with a very small paint brush.

Came out reasonable, not perfect....but miles better than where it had started.
You can always give the DIY method a try.

Click to view attachment
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(raynekat @ Apr 8 2023, 02:10 AM) *

I hit mine mine with some satin black paint and found some acrylic paint at a craft store that closely match the blue and cream colors.
Hand painted them in with a very small paint brush.

Came out reasonable, not perfect....but miles better than where it had started.
You can always give the DIY method a try.

Click to view attachment

Nice job Looks great
live free & drive
Rennline makes an all aluminum version - similar looking to stock but far enough that it falls into the resto-mod style.

https://www.rennline.com/rennline-billet-hv...orsche-sku-i29/

PanelBilly
I refurbed mine. Took it out to do the job. I used some glow I. The dark stars that they make for ceiling decorations to make new arrows. Then I replaced the blue stripe with some tape that I got from Amazon Gave away the stars but still have the roll of tape. If you’d like a foot send me your address in a pm and I’ll throw it in the mail
JamesJ
QUOTE(live free & drive @ Apr 8 2023, 08:58 AM) *

Rennline makes an all aluminum version - similar looking to stock but far enough that it falls into the resto-mod style.

I wonder if this will fit in a 914
burton73
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Apr 8 2023, 04:50 PM) *

QUOTE(live free & drive @ Apr 8 2023, 08:58 AM) *

I wonder if this will fit in a 914

Yep, in my 6

Bob B

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.