Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone ever do a Vtec JDM swap?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
just wonder. 185HP vTec swap with 5 speed? put in motor and trans...

Japanise reliablity in a 914?

Pokin around ebay after watching Adam video.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ENGINE-VTEC...991500859QQrdZ1

And near my house
bondo
The engine is right on top of the trans. You'd have to lay it down to fit it anywhere near where a 914 engine goes, and it wouldn't like that. And it might not fit between the suspension. The subie conversion definitely fits better.
Rotary'14
IIRC honda 4 bangers spin backwards compared to most any other piston engines. Even though you can flip the diff, I hear there are issues with running the transmission input spinning the other way. If you want Japanese reliability you should look into scott thatcher's Subaru conversion. Those subaru engines are VERY reliable if you run the factory EFI like he did.
Brian Mifsud
not to start a war.. but my 2002 honda transaxle is a piece of dirt (as apparently are 10s or thousands of others...)

the Japanese economy has been in too much pain for too long and it's starting to show.
Brett W
I was thinking about it today. Maybe an F20C from an s2000. They spin the right way and you can make some hellacious power with them. BUt the Suby motor I think is a better option. Flat four with Japanese reliability and power potential. Look at what some guys are getting out of a built 2.5 STI engine or even a built EJ20T. 400-600hp no problem. Low CG and parts are pretty easy to come by. I think a Suby would be a great street motor.
scotty914
QUOTE (Brett W @ Aug 13 2005, 02:02 AM)
I think a Suby would be a great street motor.

it is, and if i wanted the radiator up front i cna get 300 hp easy with a turbo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.