Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cibie Oscar installing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wes
I am installing Cibie Oscar’s on the front hood and just wondering if there are specific measurements side of hood to lights and not sure but I believe lined up with open headlights? Thanks
mlindner
wes, I don't have the answer but am also interested on installing Cibie Oscar's hood lights. Are they adjustable for light alinement. Keep posting what you find. Thanks, Mark
JamesJ
Wondering if @enoz05 would know?
enoz05
QUOTE(wes @ Apr 8 2023, 12:04 AM) *

I am installing Cibie Oscar’s on the front hood and just wondering if there are specific measurements side of hood to lights and not sure but I believe lined up with open headlights? Thanks

Do you mean Cibie Oscar driving lights or the Cibie "hood lights"?
I have never seen Cibie Oscars mounted on the front hood.
Enoz
enoz05
QUOTE(mlindner @ Apr 8 2023, 02:19 PM) *

wes, I don't have the answer but am also interested on installing Cibie Oscar's hood lights. Are they adjustable for light alinement. Keep posting what you find. Thanks, Mark

Both Cibie Oscar driving lights and Cibie "hood lights" are adjustable for light alinement.

Enoz
Dion
As far as I know, there is some variation on placement for the hood lights.
The stonegrau car is my buddy @914dave Dave Toppin’s car. Here is a couple pics of what he did.
I have no exact measurements. Maybe reach out to him through a pm.
Dion
This is my car with Cibie Oscar+ mounted/supported on a bracket from behind the front bumper.
mlindner
Dion, thanks for those shots. That's such a great looking car Dave has. Mark
BillJ
QUOTE(Dion @ Apr 9 2023, 09:18 AM) *

This is my car with Cibie Oscar+ mounted/supported on a bracket from behind the front bumper.

Do you have the mouting particulars? Like how you did that and have 4 lights to mount.
Dion
@BillJ sent you a pm.
Cheers mate.
burton73
Hi guys,

I do not have a measurement on the PMB install of my Cibie Lights but, I can show you some pictures. The one straight on looks like if you draw a line from the highest point of eyebrow to the center of hood that is the lowest that mine are mounted. Also, PMB makes up some trick hood prop as shown on the picture of the hood open. Dicking with the factory springs really, does not work out great.

Best Bob B

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mlindner
Thats a great looking car Bob. Best, Mark
wes
Thanks everyone! Bob your car is beautiful and really like the layout of your trunk I have the hood prop!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.