Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster 16's on my 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
Thanks to the inspiration of Jim Haney's (jim912928) beautiful silver car, I got some 16" Boxster wheels for my six. Did a trade with Randy Weersing (goose2). He has the sevens and I have the sixes. Here's my car.
Joe Bob
How big a set of spacers, wheels and tires?

Looks nice, BTW.... drooley.gif
olav

you have to lower your car now.
markb
ohmy.gif
Porsche Rescue
No spacers. I bought 195/50x16 but could probably have used 205/50 or 55's. Jim Haney has 205/55 on his silver car using four 7" wheels. My wheels came with 4 snow tires. I tried the 225/50's on sevens on the rear and there was no way. The sixes had 205/55's and they fit on the rear. Sevens have 40 mm offset. Sixes have 50mm so set in farther. I did not want to risk having to roll rear lips or do any pulling since the car has fresh paint. It is a stock six so no need for wide tires anyway. I did it primarily for the look. Even with the 195's on sixes it has more rubber on the road than stock.

I would like to lower the car a bit but there is no downward adjustment left in front and I would need to re-index the t bars. Rear would need springs and/or adjustable perches. I think I will keep her as is.
ChrisReale
Lower it Jim, please..... biggrin.gif Looks great though
MoveQik
Yellow car looks great...but please lower it. Just a little...please.

That silver car is gorgeous. Who's is it? I knew I should have painted the sail panels! headbang.gif headbang.gif
Porsche Rescue
Silver car belongs to Jim Haney (jim912928)........best looking big bumper car I have ever seen. Note the rockers and valances are also body color. It's pretty low too!
MoveQik
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Aug 12 2005, 06:51 PM)
Note the rockers and valances are also body color. It's pretty low too!

Ohhhh, I noticed! I really looks sharp. I had the big bumpers but I back-dated them. Now seeing his car I think I might paint the valances and rockers to match.
Eric_Shea
I want it back!! mad.gif
Marv's3.6six
Love that silver color, which silver is it?
Am taking my teener to the paint shop tomorrow, I still have not picked my color! unsure.gif
Aaron Cox
viper green (911 color) like some of the /6GT's smilie_pokal.gif
redshift
Silver is nice, Marv. Is your car flared?

Ravenna! Ravenna!

M
SP9146
Wow the color keyed silver car is really eye catching! Had no idea the 75/76 bumpers with the silver everything else would look so good. And the Boxster wheels are perfect!
Marv's3.6six
Is my car flared........... very much so. GT style, with a bunch of (read spent too much $) other custom steel body work.
redshift
Please, whatever you do, don't paint it yellow, or orange.

smile.gif

I would love to see you go to the trouble of painting it ravenna green, so I can stare at it, but silver is proper, and worth more to most.

wink.gif

M
Marv's3.6six
Thought about Signal Orange for about 1 day. Its down to Porsche colors: Arctic Silver, Seal Gray, or the leading contender U2 GT Silver Metallic....used on the new Carrera GT, this silver is a little bit darker or Gray'er.
Porsche Rescue
Go to "members" and search "begins with jim91" and you'll get Jim Haney. Send him an email. I'm sure he'll be glad to give you specifics on the silver.
redshift
QUOTE (Marv's3.6six @ Aug 12 2005, 11:58 PM)
Thought about Signal Orange for about 1 day. Its down to Porsche colors: Arctic Silver, Seal Gray, or the leading contender U2 GT Silver Metallic....used on the new Carrera GT, this silver is a little bit darker or Gray'er.

Yeah, same page, GT Silver it is.

Great color.

M
jim912928
the boxster wheels look great..glad you got the pairs you wanted...and yes lower the car!

Sorry for not responding on the silver color sooner. Just closed on a house this week in Milwaukee (just moved) and have been pretty busy all week. The silver on mine is Arctic Silver. Had the body shop take the color code off the 2004 Porsche specs.

Jim
goose2
Hey Jim...it was great to meet you in person...and a nice cruise up to Salem in the 914. Warm summer night, top down, back roads, six humming.... enjoyable evening. It will be a while until I get my wheels mounted, so I did a photoshop job to keep me motivated.
rhodyguy
well, so much for keeping things "correct" jim. dry.gif i sure need to repaint the silver car. sad.gif anybody want to trade some hybred rhododendruns for paint and body work?

k
rick 918-S
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 12 2005, 07:37 PM)
Silver is nice, Marv. Is your car flared?

Ravenna! Ravenna!

M

agree.gif wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.