Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vin tag
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9146-racer
Hi All from sunny UK.
Just bought myself another 914, but unfortunatley the ali vin plate that should be attached to the rh light box has gone walk-about. the chassis number is clear on rh wing and the title is in my name.
as it is a 1971 european car it doesn't have the windscreen tag.

any ideas where i can get a replacement?

cheers
Ian
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(9146-racer @ Apr 10 2023, 12:26 PM) *

Hi All from sunny UK.
Just bought myself another 914, but unfortunatley the ali vin plate that should be attached to the rh light box has gone walk-about. the chassis number is clear on rh wing and the title is in my name.

cheers
Ian

Maybe carbone.pl?

Is it a UK MOT requirement to have that tag? I know here in Texas the title has to match the vin number stamped in the chassis.

lalee914
Aase sales has VIN plates

https://www.aasesales.com/collections/porsc...4-badges-crests

mepstein
QUOTE(lalee914 @ Apr 10 2023, 03:53 PM) *

agree.gif They are my go to place.
9146-racer
thanks guys
worn
QUOTE(9146-racer @ Apr 11 2023, 12:29 AM) *

thanks guys

I had to replace the B pillar on the left. How do I get the vin tag replaced? I can rivet the old piece of metal to the new. Is there a better way?
SixerJ
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 10 2023, 05:41 PM) *

QUOTE(9146-racer @ Apr 10 2023, 12:26 PM) *

Hi All from sunny UK.

cheers
Ian

Maybe carbone.pl?

Is it a UK MOT requirement to have that tag? I know here in Texas the title has to match the vin number stamped in the chassis.

No, do not need for MOT. Providing VIN is somewhere (wing) that’s good enough to punch into computer

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.