Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Got a ride
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gary#
Another reason why I have 2 win lotto - biggrin.gif
--------
Awhile back I noticed that there was an Acura NSX parked in my work's
parking lot. I checked it out a bit & as I went into work
I was thinkin' - I need a ride in one of those...
Got to my cube & said to my cell-mate "I want a NSX - BAD!
He sayz "Steve drove the nsx in - huh?"
I go "Steve who"? Doohooo!!! THAT Steve?
--------
Next time I saw him I said "hey - I need a ride in your nsx. Never been in one".
Got my ride today & OMG.
I've been in a few "built-fast" cars & I can tell U
this car wasn't just quick, it was insane fun.
We get back 2 work & I asked to see the engine.
He pops the rear window - & what do I see right behind the rear window?
A schweet 3.0 V-6. And behind that? A rear trunk...
I starting to think at this point; hey - did the honda/acura development team
study teeners??? ohmy.gif So I asked if there was a "front" trunk as well.
YUP - Radiator, spare tire, fuse panel, heater, etc.
Checked it on evilbay when I got home - wow - $$$
So who of us has stuffed this engine package in a teener???
Maybe find a wrecked nsx & pluck your part!!!
driving.gif I'm thinkin' of a ricerteener or maybe a teenericer?
Aaron Cox
been in a Single Turbo'd one.....

insane fast.....
xitspd
ohmy.gif Boyz, Let Joe O. (914RS) or me take you for a ride in our 914-6 3.6's and you will never want a NSX for any purpose other than it's luxury appointments. 2003 specs include 3153 lbs and a 290 horsrpower 3.2 liter engine. My 3.6 weights 2076 lbs and dynos at 337 horsepower. I do not however, have air conditioning or puny brakes. I think they make great cars for significant others!

--------------------
Type 4 Unleashed
Acura NSX 3.0 V6 290 HP, but I thought, they had the Nissan V6?
Mueller
QUOTE (V6914 @ Aug 12 2005, 10:46 PM)
Acura NSX 3.0 V6 290 HP, but I thought, they had the Nissan V6?

huh? wacko.gif

Acura = high end Honda

Nissan is a totally different brand, not related at all.....

neat cars, but not as inexpensive for parts as one would think..... what till they launch the transmission...makes a 930 modified for V8 use a bargin smile.gif

xitspd
QUOTE (Mueller @ Aug 12 2005, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE (V6914 @ Aug 12 2005, 10:46 PM)
Acura NSX  3.0 V6 290 HP, but I thought, they had the Nissan V6?

huh? wacko.gif

Acura = high end Honda

Nissan is a totally different brand, not related at all.....

neat cars, but not as inexpensive for parts as one would think..... what till they launch the transmission...makes a 930 modified for V8 use a bargin smile.gif

ohmy.gif Your right mike! All NSX's in Japan are branded Honda. Acura does nor exist in Japan. Acura is an export brand.
soloracer
I test drove a 1991 NSX and I wasn't impressed at all. At the time I loved the the NSX and was thinking of trading my 944 Turbo off on one. I only had my 944 Turbo for about 6 months and was thinking that I would get a good dollar for it on a trade in. After my NSX test drive I was the most disappointed man on the planet. To me the NSX had no balls. Step on the gas and engine made all kinds of noise but the satisfying shove in the back I got from my 944 turbo was missing.

Additionally, I didn't like the driving position. I sit "inside" my 951 whereas in the NSX it felt like I was sitting "on top" of it. They wanted my 89 951 and 30K more and I said no way. I still love the looks of the car but they are overpriced for what you get. They want 140K Canadian for a new one and for that money you could buy a 996 turbo that has waaaay more performance out of the box. I suggest you go for a ride in a turbo Porsche after your NSX test drive and you may change your mind about the NSX.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.