Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Under dash/Under cowl reassembly order?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slowrodent
Hello all... Having not been the disassembler of my project, I'd love to have any input as to proper assembly order for the under-dash and under-cowl components of the car...

I have the gas tank ready to put in, and the wiper assembly is presently installed. Top strap for the tank is in place. Airbox is not yet in place. I don't have any cables for the airbox control, as the dash is completely empty.. Wiring has been laid in, but nothing is hooked up. Hard fuel lines are in place. Fuel pump is in the engine compartment. Car is a '74

Really any guidance would be helpful and appreciated.

Kevin
hndyhrr
QUOTE(slowrodent @ Apr 12 2023, 09:16 AM) *

Hello all... Having not been the disassembler of my project, I'd love to have any input as to proper assembly order for the under-dash and under-cowl components of the car...

I have the gas tank ready to put in, and the wiper assembly is presently installed. Top strap for the tank is in place. Airbox is not yet in place. I don't have any cables for the airbox control, as the dash is completely empty.. Wiring has been laid in, but nothing is hooked up. Hard fuel lines are in place. Fuel pump is in the engine compartment. Car is a '74

Really any guidance would be helpful and appreciated.

Kevin

If it was me I would put air box in next. Get the cables (914 rubber has them). Hook cables to slider control feed through to trunk and then at the very least connect the cables that goes under air box before you install air box. There is a video on u tube by Ian Karr that is great help with this. I am sure others will chime in with more info.

mepstein
Get the air box in. Celebrate. The tank goes in after the new lines.
rgalla9146
1. Wiper assembly with harness attached and checked . Two speeds.
2. air box with all control cables attached and adjusted from dash to flapper boxes and plenum plus three operating fan speeds verified.
3. fuel pump and plumbing 'roughed' in to allow for gas tank to drop in but still
allow fuel filter change and general service access.
Alley oop.
r_towle
Airbox goes in first, swear as much as you want, eventually it goes in.
Then flapper valves
Then hoses
Then cables connected and tested

Then you may put in the gas tank
slowrodent
Thanks much folks... appreciate the info...
Literati914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Apr 13 2023, 07:10 PM) *

1. Wiper assembly with harness attached and checked . Two speeds.
2. air box with all control cables attached and adjusted from dash to flapper boxes and plenum plus three operating fan speeds verified.
3. fuel pump and plumbing 'roughed' in to allow for gas tank to drop in but still
allow fuel filter change and general service access.
Alley oop.

Anyway to test the wiper assembly without having the wiring harness installed? I’m nearing the point of reassembling stuff on my project (car’s completely disassembled atm) and would prefer not to guess if possible.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.