Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Coast Jim
Bought a new Elephant Racing front sway bar and am going to make the needed revisions to incorporate the bar into the car. From the factory this car did not come equipped with the sway bar. I'll be adding the welded in reinforcement and A arm clips required. Tank removal will allow me to change the fuel filter. First of May upon my arrival back North will allow me to start the project

Click to view attachment
jhynesrockmtn
Awesome. Will follow this. I have thinking about doing this to my 70 1.7 at some point.
SLKWrx
What kind of driving characteristic are you hoping that the front bar will help? Are you mostly street driving the car? Is it more to keep it flatter during curves or are you trying to lessen oversteer/understeer?

Definitely interested in your progress
rjames
The front bar should have been on all cars from the factory, IMHO, regardless of driving style. They transform the way the car handles, even for cars that only get driven on the street.
brant
QUOTE(rjames @ Apr 19 2023, 08:12 AM) *

The front bar should have been on all cars from the factory, IMHO, regardless if driving style. They transform the way the car handles, even for cars that only get driven on the street.

Agreed
Cairo94507
Additionally, I think the stock rear bar for a street driven car is a nice improvement. I understand if you track your car you may want to leave it disconnected, but for street driving, I like it. beerchug.gif
brant
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 19 2023, 09:07 AM) *

Additionally, I think the stock rear bar for a street driven car is a nice improvement. I understand if you track your car you may want to leave it disconnected, but for street driving, I like it. beerchug.gif

I also agree.
I ended up taking mine off and getting rid of it.
really want to find another rear bar to go back to it now.
brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.