Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MGA Autocross Sunday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Well, if rain holds off, I'll do my first AutoX Sunday. Wish me sun and nerves blink.gif

http://www.pca-chicago.org/?getpage=112

on the skid pad

http://www.mgaresearch.com/Facility_Overvi...activemapwi.htm
GaroldShaffer
Becareful, once AX bug bites then all hell brakes loose. happy11.gif As me how I know rolleyes.gif

Have fun, remember to bring sunscreen, lots of water, more sunscreen. Also try to carry your speed in the corners, brake in a straight line and most of all HAVE FUN!!!! driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
Oh, I find with my Falkens that running between 38 - 40 psi worked best for me.
qa1142
that high? 40 psi????

Dave-O
QUOTE (qa1142 @ Aug 13 2005, 09:37 AM)
that high? 40 psi????

That seems to be the consensus here. However, myself and all the miata guys running the same tires like them much lower. I run mine at 27 lbs. cold. I have -1.5 degrees of camber in the front and -1.6 degrees in the rear, tires are "squeezed" on 5.5" fuchs. I did tire temps last weekend at the autocross and had almost perfectly even temps across the tread at this pressure. The turn in is not quite as crisp but I feel like I am getting much more grip, lap times are getting much quicker too (also due to seat time). My free recommendation (take it for what it's worth) is to set them at 30 lbs at the start of the day and have fun!
slow911
If the rain holds off I'll be there in an Olive colored 911 #524 killing all of the cones.
and you better listen to itsa914 it is a slippery slope.
Brian
qa1142
Check this out smilie_pokal.gif

3rd out of 3 but ~ 1 sec slower than #1. driving.gif

And 14th out of 26 in all classes. I beat a buch of 911 and Boxters! laugh.gif

Check out Chicago Chapter PCA trohy

qa1142
better shot

914 on top this year's awards wub.gif
Dave-O
QUOTE (qa1142 @ Aug 14 2005, 03:40 PM)
better shot

914 on top this year's awards wub.gif

Nicely done, I hope you had fun above all things!!!

My day at the AX was only "OK" DNFed on all my morning runs. Simply could not get through a super tight slalom. Cones were just a little less than 40 feet apart, not fun to drive. In the afternoon I crawled through and put in some clean runs....but nothing to be too proud of.

Happy AXing,
qa1142
first run was DNF

2nd gate and passanger side cone huh.gif

We got 8 runs, 4 in morning and 4 after lunch. I ran faster every time:

1:10 DNF
1:09.672
1:05.234
1:05.742 (Ok not ever run wink.gif )
Lunch
1:03.934
1:01.532
1:01.133
1:00.725 mueba.gif

Maywood park in September driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
Great job smilie_pokal.gif

Come on out to Merrillville High School on Aug 18th. We usually have about 40 - 45 drivers. My bother in law will be driving my car also this time in stead of just riding. I got him hooked last year. happy11.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.