Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transaxle Progression
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DennisV
I thought folks might be interested to see the progression of the transaxle for our 914-6.

Click to view attachment
It has been sitting, out of the car, since at least 2007. smash.gif

Click to view attachment
After a lot of elbow grease from the wife, using Simple Green Extreme with scrigit plastic scrapers and scrub brushes. Some of the larger deposits required chiseling off with a plastic paint scraper. stirthepot.gif

Click to view attachment
Upon return from California Motorsports (CMS) comprehensive rebuild. smilie_pokal.gif
Freezin 914
That looks very nice! Great job!
914Sixer
I treated my case with LPS 3 to preserve the finish.
DennisV
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 14 2023, 03:08 PM) *

I had not heard of the product before. What I have used on other magnesium components, like the fan shroud, is Gibbs Lubricant. Didn't think to try it on the case.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(DennisV @ Apr 14 2023, 06:45 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 14 2023, 03:08 PM) *

I had not heard of the product before. What I have used on other magnesium components, like the fan shroud, is Gibbs Lubricant. Didn't think to try it on the case.

I have a bunch like that. Hot tank parts washer and a laser have been very helpful. I also use Gibbs to keep it clean and from corrosion. Decent stuff. Havent used the LPS3, but its likely similar stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.