Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fitting our new factory replica dash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Perfect fitting exact replica factory look dash, very soon now, if you have your order in you will get one! http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-In-Prod...1455203112.html
Click to view attachment
Osnabruck914
Does that mean it is going to split and decay like the factory originals?

Osnabruck914
porschetub
QUOTE(Osnabruck914 @ Apr 16 2023, 10:58 AM) *

Osnabruck914

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif ,strange how it looks grey ....maybe its the light?.
L-Jet914
Looks like one piece of molded rubber? Looks light in color but it may just be the lighting. Factory dash was vinyl covered.
Cairo94507
Geez, tough room....
burton73
I do not think it needs to be a tough room, but more than a few times George has said a product he was going to be selling would be an exact replica of the ones made by the factory. Even the factory is not selling what was the exact item on our cars when they came down the line.

A fare evaluation is what's needed.

Best to you all, Bob B with no horse in the race as mine is covered in leather with no ash tray

FlacaProductions
Yep. Tough room - and rightly so. "Perfect fitting exact replica factory look" are big words.
If he really wanted to sell 'em, more pictures done in a professional way would help.
rjames
QUOTE(Osnabruck914 @ Apr 15 2023, 02:58 PM) *

Osnabruck914

Hilarious.
If you want something other than the original factory design, those options already exist.
shades.gif
Mikey914
Checked out the listing. Did you actually make the early and late dash? Or are you just listing as exchangeable?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Absolutely! Should start in 25 years.

The 924 944 were the worst, 914s seem to have lasted forever back then

QUOTE(Osnabruck914 @ Apr 15 2023, 02:58 PM) *

Osnabruck914

dr914@autoatlanta.com
it was important to me, selfishly, to design a dash that I would feel comfortable installing in one of MY cars. I hate the fact that Porsche has dropped too many of their original factory parts, and now many that they remake are crap.
Mikey914
I agree that's why we are making them too both early and late. Hence, my question. We retooled to be able to make both and decrease the cost by about 1/2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.