Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: At the Revs institute cars and coffee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gereed75
Checked out the C&C at the Revs institute in Naples FL yesterday. Some nice teeners were there

Nice silver car, spiff Red interior and sweet Tangerine flares

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And a really nice six conversion with a 3.0 six

Click to view attachment

Not sure whose they are. members??
gereed75
And a couple more

Click to view attachment

Was not expecting to see this many cars there. As some know you can show up at these things and see no air cooled cars, let alone teeners.
gereed75
And for those who have never been, the museum is Fabulous. Extensive collection of early Porsches, mostly race cars. All meticulously restored/maintained and they regularly “excersize” these cars. They all run. including RSK’s, three 908’s two spiders and the long tail car, a race condition Martini 917, the #2 Marathon de la Route 914-6 GT car, and my fav - the #17 910.

They did not accept my purchase offer but it’s little brother was available, so I snagged it

Click to view attachment

biggrin.gif
gereed75
But for me the absolute star of the show was this

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This thing is absolutely insane. Runge R2. 1of 1. Never to be duplicated. 993 3.6 with a flipped 915. All hand formed aluminum. Built on a stainless tube chassis built by Carey Hines using his 904 archetecture. Electric AC, 1900 lbs.

Owner is a sweet guy.
gereed75
Ultimate in cruise in eye candy and Porsche techno lust.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Wow
gereed75
Owner also owns the Runge Frankfurt Flyer #4. You can see it in the background of this photo. Bought it off BAT about a year ago.

Click to view attachment

Both cars were driven to the event by he and his wife. We were discussing 914’s and the owner said that now that he owns the R2 that he would consider working a deal for trading The Frankfurt Flyer for a 914-6. I believe he is serious.
SKL1
Met Chris a couple years ago as a good friend of mine built a few engines for him to put in the cars. Great guy and great story.
That Frankfurt flyer lived here in Scottsdale for a short time before he sold it on BAT. I think the "owner" was basically a flipper... he brought it to a local C&C here once, probably to try and sell it.

If you ever see a Runge, take some time and really look it over. The workmanship is awesome.
gereed75
Jim The owner bought the Flyer off of BAT and he is from MN. After buying it he struck up a friendship with Chris who lives in MN also. After Chris built the R2 the guy who commissioned it found he could not fit in the car, so Chris offered it to Jim. Now that he owns two, he is willing to part with the first.

Not only is the craftsmanship extraordinary, to my eye the styling is equally stunning. The combination results in pure automotive art. The fact that it is functional is the icing on the cake. Of course my amateur iPhone photography does it no Justice. Seeing it in person was a real treat.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.