Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Was missing the 914 today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
For the last few years my autocross car of choice was my 914. I sold it last year. I had a good time today but nothing handled like the 914 and it had just enough more power then the 356 to make it really good on a short track.
BillJ
Want to trade? Lol

Gorgeous car.
r_towle
You took the Ice Cream car to a racing event.

You need either another 914, or finish the 550
jhynesrockmtn
I'll be glad to help you out. Here's your next Autox car. Happy to trade for a run of the mill Roadster. I'll even take one that needs some work :-)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Apr 16 2023, 07:14 PM) *

For the last few years my autocross car of choice was my 914. I sold it last year. I had a good time today but nothing handled like the 914 and it had just enough more power then the 356 to make it really good on a short track.

Don't autocross your 356!
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Apr 17 2023, 10:15 AM) *

I'll be glad to help you out. Here's your next Autox car. Happy to trade for a run of the mill Roadster. I'll even take one that needs some work :-)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

that sounds like a fair trade, how can you pass that up?? agree.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 17 2023, 06:23 AM) *

Two things I refuse to be afraid of, my dog or my car. What's the point of having a cool Porsche if you're afraid to drive it?
And my dog has no teeth...
r_towle
TomT and I ran a speedster over one summer season at the autox.
It’s a very different driving style than a 914
Embrace the fishtailing….
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 17 2023, 09:02 PM) *

The course set up last Sunday had a roundabout. I finally hit it just right by going full power up to it, letting off and letting the fat heavy ass of the 356 swing me around, it was very impressive, especially to all the PCA people, most of which have never seen a 356.
930cabman
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Apr 18 2023, 07:21 AM) *

The course set up last Sunday had a roundabout. I finally hit it just right by going full power up to it, letting off and letting the fat heavy ass of the 356 swing me around, it was very impressive, especially to all the PCA people, most of which have never seen a 356.

Find another driving 914 and get it on the course this year. Sure 356's are fun but tooo expensive to track. 914's are much more beatable
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(930cabman @ Apr 18 2023, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Apr 18 2023, 07:21 AM) *

Find another driving 914 and get it on the course this year. Sure 356's are fun but tooo expensive to track. 914's are much more beatable

I use the same gas in both cars, so not any more expensive. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 17 2023, 09:23 AM) *

That doesn’t look like an auto cross course to me. Looks like a track day. Big difference.

I have yet to see an accident that could do that sort of damage at an AX. The only way I can see car getting damaged like at AX is through gross negligence of course set up and/or gross driver negligence.

It’s still a shame. But cars are meant to be driven as intended as unobtanium said. Proud of him for driving his smilie_pokal.gif Nothing in that photo that can’t be fixed.
Craigers17
....depending on how much you're missing your old 914, I think it's on EBAY right now. You could always buy it back....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275760044546?hash=...ABk9SR5S-yuTyYQ
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Apr 18 2023, 01:44 PM) *

....depending on how much you're missing your old 914, I think it's on EBAY right now. You could always buy it back....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275760044546?hash=...ABk9SR5S-yuTyYQ

Nice of them to recycle the video, that's me driving. I sold it to them for $6000, so paying $13,000 doesn't make much sense. And the motor will probably be louder when I get it back.
r_towle
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Apr 18 2023, 09:21 AM) *

Exactly!
It needs some custom vinyl stripes!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.