Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Group drive of the Spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhynesrockmtn
Our local PCA club has started a "classic" sub group for tech sessions and drives. It has finally gotten me involved in something other than DE with PCA.

We took a 200 mile round trip drive up to Priest Lake in North Idaho to see some rich dudes collection of mostly new Porsches. That part was a yawner, but the drive was great. This guy is obviously wealthy and there was a couple of cool cars out of the 16 or so there. A 59 A coupe, a couple of 70's era 911's. The rest were all fairly new 911's and Boxter Spyders. I'm not sure why you would want a bunch of roughly the same car??? I'm no new Porsche hater but come on. Mix it up a bit.

I took my 70 which now has 500 miles on it since a major refresh of mechanicals and sorting, which involved some fits and starts over two winters. I was definitely the oldest and slowest car out there. Well maybe except for my buddies Ravenna 74 1.8 :-) We had a couple of Middie 911's, both with 3.0 transplants, a 73 911 T, an 83 SC Cab and an 85 911. There were others including a few Macan's and Cayennes for the guys who thought the roads were a bit too rough and dirty for their old cars.

Anyway, beautiful day. Top off most of the way. Car ran great.

Click to view attachment
sportlicherFahrer
Looks like a great time! Took my '73 out to a couple club events on this side of the mountains this weekend. Very different weather! The car should be dried out by next weekend. biggrin.gif
BillJ
looks awesome! So jealous now that i don't have a street car.
rjames
Jealous- I love Priest Lake, but haven't been out there in over 20 years. I used to have family in Priest River. Beautiful area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.