Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harbor Freight Air Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I thought this would be good for a laugh. I have a cut off wheel air tool. Looked down today to realize it is so old it says Made in Taiwan. Thinking it probably it was money well spent. beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
Reminds me I need a wheel cut off tool.

Yeah, if that's a HF, it's old!
76-914
I've lucked out a few of their products too. Their 1/2" belt sander is a CPOS though. It uses some bakelite material for the vanes and they wear very quickly. They've changed their replacement policy too. You'll get a gift card for reimbursement instead of the tool itself. BTW, their blast cabinet glass is no longer available so if you break one your out about 1/2 of the cost of the blast cabinet itself. The few alleged quality products they now offer are what we'd pay for an American tool. I'm happy to see the re-industrialization of America starting up. flag.gif
bkrantz
Not quite the same, but I am very happy with the HF US General tool cart I bought a year ago. Similar in price to the stuff at big box stores but much nicer.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Apr 17 2023, 06:39 PM) *

Not quite the same, but I am very happy with the HF US General tool cart I bought a year ago. Similar in price to the stuff at big box stores but much nicer.

HF can be good for stuff like that. I usually stock up on rags, gloves and sometimes a tool I need now I can't find at a local parts or hardware store. Similar with WallyMart, good place to stock up on oil, kitty litter for garage spills etc.

Quality tools are hard to find, super glad I have what I do. A 40+ year collection still in the works.

smash.gif
bkrantz
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 18 2023, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Apr 17 2023, 06:39 PM) *

HF can be good for stuff like that. I usually stock up on rags, gloves and sometimes a tool I need now I can't find at a local parts or hardware store. Similar with WallyMart, good place to stock up on oil, kitty litter for garage spills etc.

Quality tools are hard to find, super glad I have what I do. A 40+ year collection still in the works.

smash.gif

My collection started in 1973, with a Craftsman metric socket set and a few combination wrenches. I pretty much filled the 72" tool cart I got from HF. My latest favorite brand is Tekton.
Van B
Lots of HF tools are made in Taiwan. It really picked up when we had the tariffs on Chinese products a few years back. It gave Taiwan an edge to get back in the game which spawned a lot of really good product lines.
PatMc
I've got a bunch of harbor freight rotary air tools...oldest one is about 30 years old...makes just as much racket as the day I bought it....not sure I've ever put a drop of oil in it either. It just works. I also have a pile of broken ones....not sure why I save it. There's a few snappy and mac in the broken pile too. One of the macs started working again after a 5 year time out...and it's quieter than it ever was. lol

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.