Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: please be seated
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doobie123
hi,
working on my 75 914, 2.0, 5 spd
so i'm rebuilding my ldf webber 44s and the kits i got from my local parts guy, came with a different seat then the one i removed.
the new one, pictured on the top, has 2 holes in it and is stamped 175. the old one is pictured on the bottom. no holes and stamped 200.
whats the difference and what one is correct?
the guys at the part store claim, "no problem, use the new ones" but, i'm a bit of a skeptic and need confirmation. plus, i'm trying to learn as i go!
another thing the parts guy said is that the rebuild kits, empi in this case no longer come with the spring loaded accelerator pumps but for an extra $45 he did have them. another thing i was questioning, i have never seen a kit packaged in zip lock bags. always in shrink wrap which makes me think the guy is B.S.ing me about everything so please, any info is always helpful!
cheers!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
doobie123
sorry, the pics rotated and obviously the new one is on the left, sorry
mate914
Please get a weber book on the carbs. It will help you so much.

Matt flag.gif
Brian Fuerbach
2.5 - 4 pounds max fuel pressure. The larger needle and seat is fine. It will flow more than you will require but only use what it needs so no problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.