Full Version: OT: Porsche factory in the 1970s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
advman89
https://designyoutrust.com/2022/09/inside-a...he-early-1970s/

Some 914's. Some 911's.
bkrantz
Very cool--thanks.
SKL1
Great pictures! I think Piech is in one of those... nice collection of 914's on rollers!

Wish I could find the pictures from when my wife and I toured the factory in the spring of 1982. Unfortunately I remember it well as it was just after Gilles Villeneuve had his fatal accident at Zolder... sad.gif
Montreal914
... question for the experts smile.gif

About the 914 picture, seeing the state of assembly, could these be all 6's coming from the Karmann factory awaiting for their 6 cylinders at Porsche factory?
wonkipop
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Apr 19 2023, 09:01 PM) *

... question for the experts smile.gif

About the 914 picture, seeing the state of assembly, could these be all 6's coming from the Karmann factory awaiting for their 6 cylinders at Porsche factory?

yep

in the same state of trim/completion as a whole lot of 356, 911s and 912s that karmann built for porsche right through the 1960s. no different. same state of completion for delivery to porsche factory in stuttgart. reutter met some of the body shell and trimmed car demands and karmann the rest.

so much for all the real porsche guys that used to like sticking it up 914 owners for having a VW built car. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
wonkipop
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Apr 19 2023, 08:50 PM) *

Great pictures! I think Piech is in one of those... nice collection of 914's on rollers!

Wish I could find the pictures from when my wife and I toured the factory in the spring of 1982. Unfortunately I remember it well as it was just after Gilles Villeneuve had his fatal accident at Zolder... sad.gif

i though it might have been mr piech too, it sure looks like him doesn't it.
windforfun
Very nice indeed. Many thanks.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
914sgofast2
Those all must have been 914-6's in the photo since they were on moving carts awaiting their engines and transmissions to be installed, instead of on an assembly line.
pfreiburger
Very cool, thanks much for sharing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.