Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rrrrrrRRR RRrrrrr rrrrr RRRR RRRRR rrr
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SGB
laugh.gif
It is really pretty funny. Seems like almost every time I take the car out, somebody feels intimidated and starts to rev their engine to jump the green light or hit the off ramp or something....
I guess its nice to think it looks more powerful than it is (but less nice to think it isn't as powerful as it looks).
Really, I can't stop at more than three lights before some honda or similar "custom", be-spoilered and buzzing angrily like madened bees issues a statement of pavement superiority.
I usually just ignore 'em.
Does this happen to you folks?
Revving or chirping tires or cutting you off or whatever....
unsure.gif
Hawktel
Yeah they "kill" me all the time in my Wrangler. Lol.
MoveQik
QUOTE (SGB @ Aug 12 2005, 10:11 PM)
laugh.gif
It is really pretty funny. Seems like almost every time I take the car out, somebody feels intimidated and starts to rev their engine to jump the green light or hit the off ramp or something....
I guess its nice to think it looks more powerful than it is (but less nice to think it isn't as powerful as it looks).
Really, I can't stop at more than three lights before some honda or similar "custom", be-spoilered and buzzing angrily like madened bees issues a statement of pavement superiority.
I usually just ignore 'em.
Does this happen to you folks?
Revving or chirping tires or cutting you off or whatever....
unsure.gif

Happened all the time. Not as much since I got my new license pates..."SLO FUN"
redshift
Oh yeah! I was talking about this with Aaronholio just yesterday..

I like accepting the challenge, and watching them launch... I had a guy a while back that fell for it twice in two lights!

wink.gif

M
Andyrew
I dont really get that....

They dont really do much...

I guess they ignore me..

Guess to many people know of my car dry.gif

Good thing I guess.
Brando
Heh... yes. It happens often.

HonDUHs almost all the time. Some guy with a fart pipe (oh wait I have one of those dry.gif ) wants to floor it. Most of the time I just let them go. When I know I have the advantage (like 3rd gear) I'll bite. Or when there's a very, very twisty road ahead.

For instance... A few weeks ago heading on 18 North to Big Bear/Lake Arrowhead, there was some fartpipe racer tailgating me, the first half mile or so. I dropped down into 4th and kept it at about 4500 RPMs ... which is something like 75 and hit every turn hard. The guy tried to keep up but kept having to hit the brakes in every turn.

Brakes during turns? Why would you do that? rolleyes.gif
Hammy
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Aug 12 2005, 11:32 PM)
I dont really get that....

They dont really do much...

I guess they ignore me..

Guess to many people know of my car  <_<

Good thing I guess.

Yesss... i've seen your car. Almost wet myself tis so scary. unsure.gif wink.gif
Sparky
The last time I got suckered into racing someone I was in my 944 cruising down 395 in Mass. and a Camaro pulled up along side and the guy starts jerking and stopping so I drop it a gear and take off. Then I thought to myself as I looked in the rearview mirror, "Hmmm Camaro's aren't supposed to have blue flashing lights..." Doooohhhh. unsure.gif

lesson learned, I save it for the track.

My best,
Mike D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.