Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash face trim info needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nate W
I’m putting together the dash on my 71 and I’m not sure how the dash face trim installs. I bought the car disassembled so I wasn’t able to see how it was mounted before. This is the chrome trim between the dash face vinyl material and the lower padded part of the dash. I see that it has double sided tape on the back, but I’m not sure which piece it attaches to or the orientation. Anyone have a close up picture they could share?
Thanks
Nate
burton73
QUOTE(Nate W @ Apr 23 2023, 04:56 PM) *

I’m putting together the dash on my 71 and I’m not sure how the dash face trim installs. I bought the car disassembled so I wasn’t able to see how it was mounted before. This is the chrome trim between the dash face vinyl material and the lower padded part of the dash. I see that it has double sided tape on the back, but I’m not sure which piece it attaches to or the orientation. Anyone have a close up picture they could share?
Thanks
Nate

OK Nate,

Let’s try to show you. The bottom trim on the dash has the chrome trim adhered to the BK vinyl by as you said so kind of trim adhesive. In the pictures of my 1970 dash and my car is a 1970 914-6 and it is a little different and mine is all custom leather so your will be just a little different. The weave that your car will have an embossed vinyl that has a metal backing plate that the vinyl is glued to and the metal parts are put on the dash face with a double stickmen tape. That is stock.

Good luck but this should give you an idea how it is done.

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.